Best place to stay in Norton

Bullet1

I have been staying the 1st week of pheasant season in Belleville and hunting within a 30 - 40 mile range of there. This past year we stayed in Belleville and drove to Norton everyday to hunt. I know there are several hotels in Norton, but which is the best? I plan on staying there the first week of the season this year. Thanks! By the way.......I am a Georgia cracker.......from the far east side of Georgia.......so IT'LL BE A DRIVE.

Places to stay in Norton

Good luck trying to get a hotel room.
They are booked by people that have been coming out for years, generations.
Getting on the waiting lists for the opening weekend is your best bet.
Good Luck!

I seriously doubt you'll find a hotel room this late in the game. Getting on the waiting list is a good idea, but finding something just across the border in NE may work also. "A Georgia cracker".....well, I'm a KS cracker. Enjoy you visit to our state and good luck!

If you have an RV or camper you can stay at Prairie Dog State Park just west of Norton. The motels in Norton look about the same to me. We stayed at the Brooks Motel last January and it was ok. Old but everything worked and the people that run it are real nice. The guys are right about motels being booked for the opener but I have lucked out in years past and got rooms just a couple weeks before the opener without being on a waiting list, but I would still get on a few waiting lists. Good luck.

Winger

There is a hotel right on the main strip if that even makes sense saying that about a town the size of Norton. I am currently doing some hunting of a different kind on the other side of the world right now but let me make a phone call and I will get you the name of the hotel.

Its the Brooks Motel. Good prices and the dogs are aloud in the rooms as well. Hope this helps and give em hell for me.

you guys are nuts i am originally from norton and while they proclaim to be the phesant capital of kansas they are far from it everytime i go back home weather hunting or not there are plenty of rooms at the brooks or at the other hotelyou just need to call ahead to make sure you can get one before the last minute the out of town hunters have slowly diminished and the ones that have been comming back for generations have set up friendships and there is no longer the need for them to stay in a motel

Thanks for all of the information. I'll call this week.....about 6 months out and hope to get a room. If all else fails ......I can always get one in Belleville.

lmao

There is a hotel right on the main strip if that even makes sense saying that about a town the size of Norton. I am currently doing some hunting of a different kind on the other side of the world right now but let me make a phone call and I will get you the name of the hotel.
hey corey i like huntin beaver once in a while kind of greasy though

Back