Best! Pheasant! Dinner! Ever!

carpfisher

Marinated in Home made Italian Dressing, De-boned, flattened, rolled w/Feta or Blue Cheese, diced banana peppers, and home-made bacon. Cooked on the Weber Smokey-Joe on the balcony of the apt. Fresh sauteed veges, and, of course, a nice box of red wine.
An excellent January dinner!

Sounds good <stomach growling> Here's another, cuz I just got a meat mallet and used it on some pheasant breast fillets. One little issue even after you've stripped off as much non-meat tissue and done brine soaking is that fascia on the outside of the breast. I took the toothed side of the meat mallet to it as if I were prepping for pheasant breast marsala (my next phez dish); then dredged flour on the fillets and fried them in light oil and butter, spiced to taste. Scrumptious and the fascia was unnoticeable.

Last edited:
'Nice' and 'box of red wine' doesn't belong in the same sentence for me. :thumbsup: on the pheasant though.

Yea, but its funny!

That looks and sounds terrific.I'm not too proud to tip a glass of Chateau-le-box with you.But then I drink two buck Chuck and find it just fine,as long as you're not trying to impress anyone.

Here's a recipe you might try:

.5 cup of orange chutney
1 cup - chicken broth
1 cup white wine
pinch thyme
salt and pepper to taste

brown meat ( I use breast only) and finish in the chutney mixture. Thicken the broth and serve.

Yea, but its funny!

FYI . . . both Americans and the French drink more boxed wine than bottled. I used to turn my nose up at it but then discovered it's plenty good enough. Franzia chardonnay is delicious and most of the boxed reds I've tried are good enough. Can't beat the price.

I used to work for a guy who would put boxed wine in expensive wine bottles and serve it at his dinner parties. It was hilarious to watch his guests make a big deal out of how good the wine was.

I used to work for a guy who would put boxed wine in expensive wine bottles and serve it at his dinner parties. It was hilarious to watch his guests make a big deal out of how good the wine was.

Classic! I spent a couple summers around Temecula,CA and learned that expensive doesn't mean good,and cheap doesn't mean bad.

Back