Best Opener in years ...

nstric

Three guys, one field, just over an hour needed to bag our nine. Excellent dog work, great shooting for most of us, and while wet, the rain clouds parted just before 8AM.

All post hunt work has been done, including a good gun and dog cleaning, and now I've Gunner in my lap sleeping while I cheer the Hawkeyes on to their 8th victory of the season. A great day!

Nate, I am coming out for a week. What area of Iowa did you hunt? I am hearing very good things for this year. I am coming to the south central area. Not far off off I 80.

We hunted north central Iowa.

Nate, I am coming out for a week. What area of Iowa did you hunt? I am hearing very good things for this year. I am coming to the south central area. Not far off off I 80.

You guys deserve a good season I know it had been tough for the last 3 or 4 years . Post some pictures if you get a chance !!!

Have a pic that I tried to upload, but the site is erroring out. Anyone else experiencing the same, or have we user error in play?
You guys deserve a good season I know it had been tough for the last 3 or 4 years . Post some pictures if you get a chance !!!

I bet the only one bummed about the early finish was Gunner! Congrats on a very nice opener. I too had a nice day Nate. Kind of last minute but I waited for the opening morning gang to move on and decided to take a quick walk.

I was quickly reminded how I love the flush. Man it is special every time a bird gets up at your feet. Anyway, a couple of hens and one unlucky rooster jumped in front of me. A great day and my first ever opening day pheasant in Iowa!

Definitely saw more birds and hunters than in previous years opener's. The birds I ran into didn't read the rule book for opening day... All the roosters I saw were runners and not holding tight at all. I got my birds, the dog worked well for an opener and now just to dry all my clothes. It rained where I was until almost noon but it was still better than sitting on the couch. Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Have a pic that I tried to upload, but the site is erroring out. Anyone else experiencing the same, or have we user error in play?

I've been having that issue for some time now:confused: Can you upload it through photobucket?

Nick

I use Snapfish, and they no longer allow sharing at the individual photo level (album only), so I don't have a URL. Therefore tried uploading an attached image, using .jpeg and .jpg, under the size restriction, etc but the site errors out.
I've been having that issue for some time now:confused: Can you upload it through photobucket?

Nick

I use Snapfish, and they no longer allow sharing at the individual photo level (album only), so I don't have a URL. Therefore tried uploading an attached image, using .jpeg and .jpg, under the size restriction, etc but the site errors out.

I'll drop the computer geek a note:D. I'm guessing he'll know what's going on.

Nick

see and hear lots of birds in mornings deer hunting. I even shot a few birds opening day without a dog. capt coots dog is to old to hunt. friends with dogs did very well. limited out right away on sat. 11 man group. on sunday they were only 3 short of limit. best hunt in ages. would be great to have a mild winter again

Back