Benelli O/U

BritChaser

Benelli has an ad in the new PF Journal featuring its new O/U. Looking forward to reading some reviews of it.

I like my Monte. If it weighed the same and didn't buck like a saddle bronc, I'd be interested!

This is just my personal opinion, so take it for what you paid for it.

Benelli should stick to making Autoloaders and Pumps.

That 828 looks ugly, but looks very adjustable, seems like a tough market to break into, I am a Browning and Beretta believer so I am biased, the sbeII is an awesome gun.

Last edited:
It does have an odd look, but to me seems a bit pricey. It is refreshing to see another gun maker offering stacked barrels.

I held this shotgun at Pheasant Fest this weekend and I will say it is a very good shotgun. Is it for the people who believe an over and under is and will always be a Beretta silver pigeon or a Browning citori? No. Just like people will never own a Cynergy because of it's looks. But it shouldered nice, felt well balanced had quality construction, reduced recoil system and the shim system to make it for left or right hand shooter and you can change the cast to your style.

I don't understand why people are complaining about the cost the price is not bad for an adjustable shotgun. What does it cost to add an adjustable comb or a gracoil? You won't need to with this gun. Where is there a cheap Benelli semi auto? Stick to semi autos? Tell that to Beretta also, but yet they sell over & under, semi autos and hand guns. Sacrilege!

A very versatile gun that you can carry in the field easily, shoot heavy loads, sporting clay's loads or whatever you want. Give it a chance and if you have the time to check one out at a shop or gun club when they are available do so. Yes some people will not like this shotgun at all and that is understandable. But when you see this you have to give Benelli credit because this gun is a game changer. Hopefully they come out with a 20ga because I have enough 12ga.

Last edited:
I held this shotgun at Pheasant Fest this weekend and I will say it is a very good shotgun. Is it for the people who believe an over and under is and will always be a Beretta silver pigeon or a Browning citori? No. Just like people will never own a Cynergy because of it's looks. But it shouldered nice, felt well balanced had quality construction, reduced recoil system and the shim system to make it for left or right hand shooter and you can change the cast to your style.

I don't understand why people are complaining about the cost the price is not bad for an adjustable shotgun. What does it cost to add an adjustable comb or a gracoil? You won't need to with this gun. Where is there a cheap Benelli semi auto? Stick to semi autos? Tell that to Beretta also, but yet they sell over & under, semi autos and hand guns. Sacrilege!

A very versatile gun that you can carry in the field easily, shoot heavy loads, sporting clay's loads or whatever you want. Give it a chance and if you have the time to check one out at a shop or gun club when they are available do so. Yes some people will not like this shotgun at all and that is understandable. But when you see this you have to give Benelli credit because this gun is a game changer. Hopefully they come out with a 20ga because I have enough 12ga.

You can tell all that without shooting it? What about Lee and Tiffany Lakoski the bow hunting over/under couple? Beretta owns Benelli and they should scrap their handgun line in my opinion. A lot of people don't want an adjustable comb or a gracoil in the hunting world. I'm not complaining but I doubt they will have an impact on the o/u market.

Why does every message board thread discussing the Benelli 828 have people upset over the "Gun Models". I don't know who the Lakowski's are. I doubt they are puppy murderers or something else horrendous.

Why does the choice of models seem to bother so many people?

I've held the gun which is a lot more than some who are slamming it. I stated the aesthetics are good and the technology on this gun is exciting. I have not shot the gun but I would guess that if I pointed it in a direction and pulled trigger it will go bang just like a Perazzi, Guerini or Ruger would be expected to. I could care less if Lee and Tiffany are in the ad that's up to Benelli who they want to pay. If they put a no name model in the ad that makes the guns reputation better?

I've held the gun which is a lot more than some who are slamming it. I stated the aesthetics are good and the technology on this gun is exciting. I have not shot the gun but I would guess that if I pointed it in a direction and pulled trigger it will go bang just like a Perazzi, Guerini or Ruger would be expected to. I could care less if Lee and Tiffany are in the ad that's up to Benelli who they want to pay. If they put a no name model in the ad that makes the guns reputation better?

I think it would why would they use America's bow hunting family to represent an upland firearm, I wouldn't buy it for that fact alone. I have no doubt it is a reliable functional firearm, are they going to tear into the Browning 725 or Beretta 686 market, I really don't think so, I am sure Perazzi and Guerini owners aren't going to bite and it is twice the price of a Red Label.

Here is a review and some positive comments and not so positive comments. At least this looks at both side of the coin. I never said this gun was going to tear into any other manufactures sales and I never said it would appeal to Perazzi or Guerini owners. 2nd time you have implied something I have not stated. I own a Guerini, if it comes out in a 20ga I'll bite.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/01/daniel-zimmerman/new-benelli-828u-overunder-shotgun/

Last edited:
Change and bird hunters really don't go together,but like I said above I bet they sell enough.

Me I'm sticking with my auto,love me an unplugged shotgun.

Back