Benelli Legacy 12 Guage year 2000 stock needed

Hockeybob

I have an older Benelli Legacy year 2000 that I love shooting. I’m very confident shooting this gun. Fits me great and is my “go to” gun in SD.
Last winter after a hunt I noticed my stock was cracked. Bummer. Called Benelli and they said they don’t know when (if ever) they will make them. Part number 60525. Called Midway USA as they are a Benelli carrier And nothing. The stock number also works on a Montefeltro. Anyone have any idea on where to check for a used stock? I really want to shoot this gun this fall. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have an older Benelli Legacy year 2000 that I love shooting. I’m very confident shooting this gun. Fits me great and is my “go to” gun in SD.
Last winter after a hunt I noticed my stock was cracked. Bummer. Called Benelli and they said they don’t know when (if ever) they will make them. Part number 60525. Called Midway USA as they are a Benelli carrier And nothing. The stock number also works on a Montefeltro. Anyone have any idea on where to check for a used stock? I really want to shoot this gun this fall. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Cracked beyond repair?

Citori16, I guess you’re right, it still shoots. Cosmetically I hate that chip. Do you think someone can fill the chip?

Attachments

• IMG_7080.jpeg
    IMG_7080.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
I would have a woodworker cut the damaged piece off put a wedge of ebony in. Do the same to the butt cap(think that is what end of pistol grip is called) then it will look symmetrical.

Here's one. But spendy.

There are a lot of gunstock repairs places around the country. I would think one of them could do the job for you.

Be very VEWY VEWY caweful in who you choose.

I'm still waiting on a simple re-blue job by a highly rated reconstruction gunsmith and furniture maker. I gave it to him in May!

Er...May of 2022.
o_O

Citori16, I guess you’re right, it still shoots. Cosmetically I hate that chip. Do you think someone can fill the chip?
Bob:

Filling the chip area is relatively simple - staining it to match the stock, more of a challenge; take the stock to a reputable paint store for a match vs off the shelf stain.

There are several wood- filler products on the market - Minwax is one you could try. Filling will be easier and more effective, if removed from the gun...

Good luck!

There's a new 12 ga Legacy Sport stock on Ebay for $225 with the recoil pad & $15.50 shipping - seems like a heck of a deal if it fits your gun/at least worth checking in to............

There's also a Montefeltro stock on eBay for $50 if it would fit.

In fact there are several that might fit your gun on eBay. Just search "Benelli Stock".

BB mentioned an epoxy wood filler, if true epoxy it will bond. I would drill small holes in the area of the chip, then fill with epoxy making sure it goes into the small holes. Should be a permanent fix. If the stock fits you well, that would be the most important issue in my hunting gun. But hey everybody can't agree on a favorite hockey team, lol. Should be an easy fix, if trigger guard removed.

Last edited:
BB mentioned an epoxy wood filler, if true epoxy it will bond. I would drill small holes in the area of the chip, then fill with epoxy making sure it goes into the small holes. Should be a permanent fix. If the stock fits you well, that would be the most important issue in my hunting gun. But hey everybody can't agree on a favorite hockey team, lol. Should be an easy fix, if trigger guard removed.
Sounds like a reasonable approach.

Here's a thought: in my experience it's far easier to refinish the entire stock ( stain to match the forend) than attempt to match a small piece. If you can find a good paint store, they could match the existing, or come close. Rockler has a stain dept that specializes in stain matching; maybe you have a store in your area.

If you fill,I would experiment with the epoxy filler, on a separate piece, along with the stain. Stains tend to have various looks on different wood.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like a reasonable approach.

Here's a thought: in my experience it's far easier to refinish the entire stock ( stain to match the forend) than attempt to match a small piece. If you can find a good paint store, they could match the existing, or come close. Rockler has a stain dept that specializes in stain matching; maybe you have a store in your area.

If you fill,I would experiment with the epoxy filler, on a separate piece, along with the stain. Stains tend to have various looks on different wood.

Hope this helps.
Agree. That finish looks like a birch stain on walnut. Shouldn't be hard to match. The epoxy patch will be stronger than the wood surrounded it.

Or measure your gun drop at comb, drop at heel. Then see if you can find the same thing. Length of pull, cast, etc

Back