Bell for French Britt

Nasty-G

I have a 10 month French Britt I'd like to use a bell on. She is quite small, 26 lbs, so don't want a real big bell but have to hear it. Suggestions ? No beeper.

I just got this one from Copper Upland Supply. Lady is 39lbs and I believe this is the "large" bell he makes. Shoot Mike an email and I'm sure he'll get you taken care of.

View attachment 7496

I've found a small bell can become inoperative due to snow/slush. Suggest a large cow bell. Most pet stores sell various sizes of bells...

Rather than worry about size, I’d listen to the sound. I have a “tinker” bell that I use in low or no wind conditions. For heavier wind I have a bell that has a deeper tone. Ironically when in the pheasant fields I notice almost everyone uses the deeper tone bells regardless of wind so my guess is most people only by one.

I personally don't like to constantly hear bells or beepers in the field. Just my personal preference. I use a beeper collar and if for some reason I don't know where my dog is, I just hit the "locate" button on my beeper and get a single beep to locate the dog. I find that most of the time I know where my dog(s) are so the beeper is just used on occasion and no need for the constant noise.

But I find it is mostly personal preference

Back