Been different

My wife and I have shot more huns and sharpies than we have since I retired in 2005. Surprisingly, pheasants have been very good or actually excellent. Hope folks are getting out. We have seen few hunters…fewer that had a clue.

I spent last week in SW ND. The weather was great although a little too warm a couple of days. Pheasant numbers seemed about the same as the last couple of years. Sharptails were more numerous than I have ever seen them in the area we hunt. The cover was very thick and tall with some grass chest high. Looking forward to a late season hunt when more of the corn and sunflowers will be harvested.

Lots of deer in the area too. The Mule deer are really making a comeback. A decade ago there were mostly Whitetails around, but I would say it is about 80% Mulies now.

Jerry

Just got back from Central ND. Lots of sharpies. More huns than I've seen in the past. Did pretty good on Pheasants. Lots of hens. We shot some young roosters , Im pretty sure we miss identified some as hens and didn't shoot. What cover was left where we hunted was thick and tough to walk through at times. Definitely lots of CRP out and some of my favorite PLOTS weren't enrolled again. Fun though!!

Back