Barrel break in

Never done it with any of my rifles. Just take them out and shoot 'em. They will break it. You can't be that accurate in the field anyway that it would make a difference. Now if you are using it as a target rifle that might be another story.

david0311

Never done it with any of my rifles. Just take them out and shoot 'em. They will break it. You can't be that accurate in the field anyway that it would make a difference. Now if you are using it as a target rifle that might be another story.

Agree with you 90% George-- I how to break in rifle old fashion way--have just heard about these some tome ago and had good reports and thought I would give them a try--talking about heavy barreled prairie dog -varmit rifles :)

Got home from AZ five days ago --when did you leave? Get home in time to see your President?:rolleyes::)

david0311

Agree with you 90% George-- I how to break in rifle old fashion way--have just heard about these some tome ago and had good reports and thought I would give them a try--talking about heavy barreled prairie dog -varmit rifles :)

Got home from AZ five days ago --when did you leave? Get home in time to see your President?:rolleyes::)

Did you get a chance to check out the Ben Avery range while you were there? Unbelievable facility--probably going to do volunteer range master work next winter--:)

LOL, not the info I am looking for. And I don't think I will be doing what he did with my new Sako 85:D. Yes I will be doing plenty off the bench. Looking to improve groups and precision. Not just hit a car door at 500 yards:D. My cousin just rest shoots and he swears by it. I have just never done it. Improved MOA and ease of cleaning or running patches through is what I hear. I reload and shoot for sub MOA groups. I did not do this with my 223, and I have some loads I get 5 shot groups in a dime at 100 yards. But that is a match grade Wilson heavy barrel though. I guess I feel the Sako should be a shooter too, but if it helped at all in the least I would try it. Still might. Not making up my mind till I get an optic on it LOL. Cant decide on that either.
:laugh:

Well my old man got a new rock river 223 today as well. And he has the same barrel as my 223, a Wilson match grade barrel. He has been listening to my cousin as well. Hes a little smarter, he called the rock river folks. They said what would you want to do that for? We did it. Your ready to shoot.

So they told him "they" did the bore lapping, they break them in and shoot them.:thumbsup: So I will call Sako tomorrow and see if they do similar, or if they have a recommendation. I also hear if you have an old gun or bad copper fouling this can bring them back to life and clean that out. I will report back what Sako says. Scored a deal on a scope today so nearing fun time.:D

Back