Badgers

shorthairs4life

So does it make me a "fair weather fan" if I turn off the TV after the 1st qtr? I can't take anymore of watching the butt wooping. Badgers are playing awful.

Being from Ohio I have been on the other side of a score like that many times. I will say it is a lot more fun being on this side of it for a change. Can't say anyone around here expected this kind of a performance out of the third string quarterback.

They deserve to take a tumble in the polls. That had a good season, but they are not among the top 20. Hope that egg they laid las night didn't mess up Melvin Gordon's chance at a Heisman.

They deserve to take a tumble in the polls. That had a good season, but they are not among the top 20. Hope that egg they laid las night didn't mess up Melvin Gordon's chance at a Heisman.

They are alresdy saying that Gordon's performance last night has taken him out of it.

Gordon's Heisman possibility most likely took a dip, but the only way he got the yards he did was because of his talent. Worst blocking by an O line I've ever seen. Actually, they got their a$$es kicked on both sides of the ball. OSU dominated at the line of scrimmage. Possibly the worst half of football I've witnessed for any team I follow. All I could do was slouch back and sip Jameson. At least I had some good whiskey to dull the pain.

On a better note, I caught one nice walleye through the ice before the game. A good 10" of clear, solid ice on our lake in Vilas Co. 32*, sunny skies, a barely perceptible breath of a wind and absolutely silent out on the lake. I had 1100 acres all to myself. No screaming snowmobiles, no ATV's no one encroaching on my holes. Just Max and I. Max is right there with me checking every tipup an he about gets tangled in every line when I'm pulling in a fish. I get a kick watching him messing with a fish flopping on the nice.

Saw a covey of 6 grouse along the road heading for home late yesterday afternoon. I had to almost stop the truck to avoid running over two that refused to get out of the way.

Last edited:
I live in Indy and had planned to attend the game as I have the other 2 championship games WI has been in. Tickets were going for cheap and my wife had even committed to going with me.

I had 50yd line seats all lined up and she backed out. The guy who was trying to dump them kept dropping the price until finally has asked $25/ea for $200 face value tickets.

I couldn't believe she wouldn't go and told her that I just knew then it was going to be a blow out!

I was right but had the teams backward.... That was a game where the men beat the crap out of the freshmen.

I feel bad for Gordon. He should win the Heisman rushing for that many yards when everyone in the world knew that WI could not pass and would run almost every play. To get 2300+ yds and 30 tds is amazing IMO. I still do not understand why every team they faced simply didn't sell out like IA or ISU did to stop the run and take their chances.

Gordon still got his yards but in the case of OSU they simply manhandled WI in the trenches and had better athletes outside. The buckeyes are big, strong fast and good. They can give Ala a run for their money I think.

Gordan should have a fine career in the nfl. Not always a good thing to win the Heisman!! He reminds me of Jamal Charles but bigger!!!:cheers:

Back