Backyard Game Camera Pictures - Texas style

Cass

I can't begin to compete with the quality of the game cam pictures from cnggack, but he inspired me to take a few pictures in my backyard and post them here. Living here in Texas, I do have a few species that we don't see in his pictures. :)

I live in north Arlington which is near the center of the Dallas/Fort Worth area surrounded by about 6 million people. My yard backs up to a creek that is wooded and is about a mile from the Trinity River. Early this year I noticed a small trail near my back fence, and a dug out area where some animal was sliding under the fence. I decided to put a game camera up and see what was using it.

As you can see from the pictures, it turns out that it's being used by a lot of different animals. It's amazing how much traffic goes through there, and from the date and time stamp it's interesting how closely spaced they are.

The area being pictured is only about 10 or 15 feet wide by 25 feet long at the most. There were raccoons, opossums, armadillos, neighborhood cats, grey foxes, squirrels, and a full range of birds even including owls, a roadrunner and a drake mallard. We've also seen coyotes and bobcats in our yard, but they are not using this trail.

I pulled some of the better pictures into an album and set up a slide show. I'll also post a few directly.

Cass

Here is a link to the slideshow:

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/mjcdmc/Backyard Game Camera Pictures/?albumview=slideshow

1MDGC0031.jpg~original

1MDGC0035.jpg~original

1MDGC0052.jpg~original

1MDGC0100.jpg~original

1MDGC0190.jpg~original

Last edited:
Nice to see some criiters I don't see here!!!!!!:10sign::cheers:

You did very well. I saw (list not all-inclusive due to: 1) Old age; 2) Failing eyes; 3) Bourbon (at least I'm honest . . . )"
Possum
'Dillo (! jumping?)
'Yote
Grey Fox x several
Your/Your neighbor's cat
Roadrunner
Acrobatic Rat, aka some kind of squirrel -- ground or otherwise
Mallard Drake
My ex-wife (well, THAT may have been a flashback, but I ain't taking any chances . . . ).

Not bad for a Yankee . . .

Thanks for sharing.

It does make me wonder what's on the other side of that fence. It seems like everything with a pulse wants through there.

I went back and edited these links so hopefully the pictures show despite the photobucket change.

Cass

I haven't taken many new ones since then, but we did have a young bobcat that had two litters of cubs in our backyard. The first litter had just 1 cub, and the second litter had two.

I didn't take many still pictures, but here are a few of the first litter. I do have a lot of videos but haven't learned how to edit or post them yet.

Cass

Y4TjlNB.jpg

deJsheX.jpg

zl6xT3v.jpg

Back