Back in the deep freeze for the weekend!

duckn66

Looks like we are headed back to the freezer this weekend. What's everyone's plans? I'm moving my daughter Saturday and Sunday I'd like to get on some geese.

Doing some goose hunting today after work, been a rough year for waterfowl this year. We've had some good hunts but quite a few so-so ones as well. As far as pheasant, taking my son out to Western Kansas to hunt Grandpa's farm this weekend. Will leave Friday after school and come back Sunday. He got his first shotgun for Christmas this year and he's very excited to shoot it. Will take a box of skeet and let him get his feet wet. He will be carrying it unloaded through the fields this weekend.

My boy got a new weatherby 20ga for Christmas as well. He shot a bird with mine back in Dec and was ready to move up from the 410 which he killed a couple roosters. On sunday we may go to a different area which has more prairie chickens and quail but no pheasants. At least its only 100 mile drive to home.

Sorry to here it turtle. My mom passed away a couple of months ago . She's buried across the road from the farm my dad grew up on. Been meaning to get out see her and maybe stop and shoot a bird while out . She had been taking care of my niece and nephew.and they came to live with us the first of last year. Won't be hunting this weekend, got the pinewood derby and we intend to win.

Last edited:
Back