B&P case ordering

I bought a case of their Competition one target ammo from Cabela's once. 1 oz. #7.5 @ 1160 fps. It was like shooting a 20ga with regards to recoil. Good stuff but a little pricey if you shoot as much as I do.

I just bought a flat of the long range shells in #5 & #6 shot from Kari. Came out to $14.00 per box shipped. I ordered it on Monday and would have had it on Friday if there hadn't been a mix up with Fed Ex. Very happy with the experience.

I talked to the folks at B&Pusa.com first and they didn't have the Long Range shells in #5 and didn't expect to get them in until the 2nd or 3rd week of Nov.

Take it for what it's worth. :D

I also bought a case of the competition 1 from Cabelas. Shot the first two boxes yesterday on trap (daughter and son-in-law flew in, so no pheasant hunting this week . Soft shooting in the new Maxus, cycled flawlessly, and busted birds. two rounds of 23 each. I just ordered a case of the MB Long Range in #5. If they function like the competition 1, I will order a few more.

I ordered a case of the MB long range on Sunday, received it this afternoon (Wednesday). Fast shipping!!

I will let you know after Saturday.

I shot the MB Long Range on Pheasant hunt yesterday. Only used it on one bird. Shooting an improved cylinder in a Browning Maxus. Pheasant at 15 yards and took a wing off. I have not patterned the load yet, but they seem to hold a tight pattern. I guess I need to let the birds get a little further out.

I shot the MB Long Range on Pheasant hunt yesterday. Only used it on one bird. Shooting an improved cylinder in a Browning Maxus. Pheasant at 15 yards and took a wing off. I have not patterned the load yet, but they seem to hold a tight pattern. I guess I need to let the birds get a little further out.

How far out was that bird?? They throw nice patterns, but not that tight. I've never experienced a wing blown off in three years of using those loads.

I just completed a hell of a good South Dakota trip and most of my birds were taken with a Maxus with the IC choke and the MB Long Range 5's.

I want to say 15 yards. May have been closer. Head high grass with a good point. Bird took off 10 feet away and flew between my dad and I. I let it get clear and shot.

I think you'll really come to like the loads. Not sure if it's B&P's "Gordon System" at work, but I find these very pleasant to shoot out of my over & under, yet they really do a number on a yonder rooster. On a normal year I shoot steel out of the 12 auto only when I have to use non-tox and shoot my OU and these loads on all the lead land. This year my main OU is in the shop, so the auto is getting a workout.

I don't care what load or choke you have in at that yardage, everything is going to pattern tight at that range.

You blew the wing off likely because you were a little off with a pattern the size of a grapefruit.

Last edited:
I need to work on letting the birds get out a little farther!:eek: Used to hunt blue grouse in the woods back in Washington and you had to be pretty quick. Been chasing pheasant for quite a while here in Kansas, but some habits are hard to break.

I have been wondering about their MB classic round in #5. $93 a flat.

Back