B&P case ordering

Bird Buster

So I just tried to purchase a case of ammo from B&P and they claim free shipping BUT when you go to check out they have a $12.95 handling fee instead. Wow what a joke... Think I will shop elsewhere. I like their ammo but not so much I am going to deal with this BS.

Good shells, reasonable price for those good shells but yes, be nice if we could buy them for nothing but cost...or even less.
I dislike more than any handling addition though, the considering of a case as being 8 boxes...that is not even a flat.
Small point however.

Not sure why B&P does not want to make less money and help us all out.
Must be a Euro thing.
I'll still buy them...they make a cracking good 16 gauge load.

Hiding the truth

So I emailed the gal at B&P (Kari McCormick)in charge of ordering on why they are hiding the shipping charge by using the new "Handling Charge" instead. She failed to answer me and I also tried emailing their "contact us" link on their website. Pretty obvious they don't want to talk about it.

Appears to me these people only cater to the big buyers who get shipping discounts and are playing games with the smaller guys like me and you. Sorry, I don't care how good their product is I won't do business with a company that is not honest and upfront. I am contacting Cabela's to see if they will carry more of their shells in the future. I can go there and not pay exorbitant shipping charges at least.

Don't be so hard on B&P. Do you know of any other place that you can order shells online and get free shipping? Just add the shipping into the price and divide by the number of boxes to get a true price per box. If it's till too much then go someplace else and buy your shells. B&P could have just raised the price of the shells and continued free shipping. Would that have been better?

I'm not defending B&P. It's just that everything in this world seems to increase in price. Can't expect B&P to be immune. Their a business trying to make a profit.

So I emailed the gal at B&P (Kari McCormick)in charge of ordering on why they are hiding the shipping charge by using the new "Handling Charge" instead. She failed to answer me and I also tried emailing their "contact us" link on their website. Pretty obvious they don't want to talk about it.

Appears to me these people only cater to the big buyers who get shipping discounts and are playing games with the smaller guys like me and you. Sorry, I don't care how good their product is I won't do business with a company that is not honest and upfront. I am contacting Cabela's to see if they will carry more of their shells in the future. I can go there and not pay exorbitant shipping charges at least.

No doubt they will miss you.

A plus for B&P has been in the swell quality of shells offered and in the pellet size available.
Cost representing good value received....especially in hunting shells and most especially re the 28 and 16.
My concern is that there will be fewer and fewer options as the times requires them to bottom line more and more.
If it takes a bit more $$$s, no matter where it lies, I see no reason to penalize their good business sense by purchasing less or attempting to get in a good public rib kick.

You guys are missing the point. On their website they boast of "Free shipping" yet they now have done the bait and switch by lying and adding a huge handling charge. If you like to buy things from unethical businesses that lie to get your $$ feel free. If Cabelas carries more varieties of them in the future I don't have to pay shipping. Not defending them C'Mon there guy :(

Last edited:
Bird Buster, they have been in disarray for a few months now as they are switching people, etc., so this is really a case of transition pains and not a goofy bait and switch scheme.

I'll add that now that they actually have some product in the hopper the web site will get cleaned up and back to business.

Last edited:
I called and talked to B&P. They started the $12.95 handling fee a little over a month ago. They said they tried to hold the line on their prices but finally put in this fee. Orders over $80 are still "free shipping. I told the guy that they should have just raised the prices on the shells rather than slip in a $12.95 handling fee at checkout. You know how far that went. I would have to agree that it's one of those things that can make you mad but at this point it is what it is. At least there is no sales tax. Like I said before, look at the total cost per box including any shipping, handling, etc. If it fits your budget fine, if not then buy something else.

It really bites for the 16 ga. shells that come 8 boxes to a case. With the handling fee it makes them $13.61 per box when buying a case lot. I can buy Fiocchi Golden Pheasant in 16 ga. for just a little more.

Everything has went up. Food is crazy. At least a person doesn't burn through that terribly much hunting ammo in a season to be a big financial blow. If it's a problem then I'm jealous, that's a lot of shooting.

:cheers:

For what it's worth Kari McCormick doesn't work for BandPusa.com any more. She now works for Aerostar Global Logistics, Inc. (k.mccormick@aerostarglobal.com) I sent her a email about the MB Long range in 12ga and she said it would be available in Oct for $140 per case. Cheaper that the Golden Pheasant that Cabela's has on sale right now for $17.99 per box. I don't have a lot of responses to the thread I started on this ammo but those that have replied seem to like this ammo.

B&P High pheasant

I looked for the B&P 2.5" 12 b High Pheasant load on the website last week and couldn't find them. I sent an email they answered if a couple of days to say they had discontinued them.
Damn, that was my favorite shell. I do shoot their F2 Legend 16 b as well but have a few cases of them left.
I also noted they didn't have very many loads in any gauge in 5's and 6's.

I also checked with Westley Richards USA and they quit selling their Gamebore shells too.

Times must be tough for ammo companies!:(

I saw that 12.95 charge a few weeks ago and was curious to see if it was a set price or not. I added another case to the order and the 12.95 handling charge stayed the same. It seems that it is a set cost. I can't justify buying two or more flats right now though.

So is bandpusa still up and running?

I see their website is and still see the free shipping claim.

I checked the other day out of curiosity and all the MB Long range loads were sold out in every shot size. Can't justify buying them any more myself. Also, the crappy box they come in is embarrassing as it falls apart too easily.

I ordered a flat of #5 long range two weeks ago. Got a message the next day saying they were sold out. They expect to get more in later in the month. With their 12.95 handling charge, compared to the 7.50 shipping of this new dealer, the prices are about the same.

interestingly, the price of the MB classic is the same for each place.

Back