Are you seeing Rabbits ?

Brad6260

I've got a buddy that's a life long rabbit guy.
Wants to go come along with his beagles to N. Central KS with me when I head out next month for birds.
Curious what everyone is seeing regarding the rabbit population this year?

Thanks.

I saw plenty of them But down in the SE portion of the state. I would imagine with a mild summer and fall there is a good population.

Cant speak for the rest of the state but in my part we have tons of cottontails. Rabbits are definately coming back.

Interesting posts. I haven't seen many this year. There was one in Dickinson county that I remember and a jack or two out west on opening weekend.

I don't hunt them, but I remember seeing many, many more while bird hunting 10-15 years ago.

I've been south of Alma twice this season and didn't see a single rabbit either time. Now, in my travels N and W of here, I've seen quite a few.

Oh, and I haven't seen a single jack this season either, but I haven't been hutning in what I'd consider jack-rabbit country yet this season.

On our 4.5 day hunt in North Central Kansas we saw a fair amount. My son and I shot 4 and saved the skins so he can make a rabbit skin hat. Time will tell how that turns out but he was quite pumped at getting a few. I let quite a few more hop on by so I know they are out there especially if you are hunting areas for them.

Starting to see cottontails and jacks too in the SW where I hunt. We had a couple years with almost nothing. I could have had 5 or 6 cottontails and 3 or 4 jacks the last time out. Thought I would wait for some snow and then take a few cottontails home with me.

Back