Anyone finding ammo in the off-season?

It’s easier to find factory loads than handloading components. Primers, shot and powder to load target loads for summer practice are nearly impossible to find. I’m getting nervous.

I was in Scheels today here in Colorado they had tons of pheasant ammo now all running around 14.99 a box. Good to see this.

Everywhere I shop, the stores are swimming in 9mm, 7.62x51, .308 and .22 ammo but finding any decent 16 or 20 gauge loads, or for that matter any .204 Ruger or .38 special 148 grain target wadcutters, is proving difficult. Some are online but the shipping is almost prohibitive.

The Sioux Falls Scheels store was well stocked with quality 20 gauge loads today. Their rimfire ammo was 10% off, and some of it was even clearance priced. Both Sioux Falls and Sioux City Scheels have 12 gauge ,1 1/4 oz. Kent Fastlead for $16.99/box, and the Scheels branded pheasant loads for $14.99/box. Both stores seemed to be running low on target loads, compared to what they have had recently.

Anyone see any 16ga target loads lately? Looked all over town today and 0 boxes of ANY 16ga to be found. Sad part is I have everything but empties to reload lol!

Honestly doesn't matter. I can't find anything right now. I guess if anything I prefer a cheddite hull, my MEC seems to like those the best.
I have a tote full of empties. Mostly Herters which I think are Cheddite. How many are looking for?

I have a tote full of empties. Mostly Herters which I think are Cheddite. How many are looking for?
Heading out of town this week for vacation, was gonna do some sporting clays with my dad, I didn't realize it was on his agenda until today so I haven't restocked yet lol! Yes herters is cheddite, or used to be anyway. How many would you be willing to part with? I think I got material here to make another 500 pretty easy lol!

Heading out of town this week for vacation, was gonna do some sporting clays with my dad, I didn't realize it was on his agenda until today so I haven't restocked yet lol! Yes herters is cheddite, or used to be anyway. How many would you be willing to part with? I think I got material here to make another 500 pretty easy lol!
I’ll dig them out out of storage and let you know what I have

Ok here is what’s in the tote
Red hulls Rio and Winchester
Green Remington express
Purple Herters and Federal( lead and steel)
Anyone know which are cheddite?

Ok here is what’s in the tote
Red hulls Rio and Winchester
Green Remington express
Purple Herters and Federal( lead and steel)
Anyone know which are cheddite?
I know the herters are, I don't think any of the others are. I know I have reload data for the others anyway lol!

I know the herters are, I don't think any of the others are. I know I have reload data for the others anyway lol!
I can stack 384 in a USPS flat rate box @ 21.50 shipping. Mixed Herters and Winchester if that is ok
Nickel each fair?

I found a box of these in a brick and mortar store and bought them. It's a bazooka load, and I normally prefer a lighter load, but I figure if I hunt a day when the birds are jumpy and I'm real mad at them I'll send a few down the pipe.

I think a lot of folks are going to be shooting ammo that isnt their 'go to' ammo of choice. If it looks good enough by the numbers, I'd buy it so youre not left hanging at the last minute. That's what I started doing the end of last year. I now have a small stash of shells I can use and now keep my eyes peeled for what I really want.

Back