Anybody like knives?

Does that GEC scalpel blade have a chip toward the end? If so, pity any poor bull calf or barrow you use it on! :eek: LOL

Just seeing this, no chip, just poor photography.

Lots of good looking blades out there. Today I carried a run of the mill crkt from the $9 bin. Bought 3 of them actually.......in case I lose one.

Yep I have the addiction for nice steel also

6203774737_48300a52a5.jpg

I am old and blind. Can you tell me the make or the writing on the blade? :thumbsup:

Those knives are made by Busse Combat. The sheath is a custom piggyback style with dyed python inlay.

Nice set!!! S35VN SS blades makes a big difference with holding an edge.. I see he likes using it as well..Expensive, but finally nice having a good knife instead of carrying 5-6 different ones to get the job done. Plus, they are purty to look at!!!:thumbsup::cheers:

My wife bought me a Montana Americana knife really like it. My office mate bought two and he really likes them too. Good steel and holds a great edge.

I looked at the Nesmutt I believe..Neat design...:cheers:

OK, here is the KPH, (Kismet's Practical Hunter) as interpreted by Andy Roy, down in Georgia. The one I got as designer has wrought iron bolster, but the current offerings don't have this feature, but come in a bunch of different handles. I love the knife, but it's too good for me to carry and possibly lose. I'm better trusted with old production knives. :)

I've known Andy, online, for 10 years or so. He took the jump to knife-making when he was riffed from his job. I don't keep track, but he's moved twice to larger facilities since then, and has taken on and graduated apprentices in his (Fiddleback Forge) growth. Really a decent guy.

I could not bring myself to afford the knives currently available, but from the feedback, a whole bunch of folks can do so. I'm happy for him.

Here's one without the bolster I copied from the web:

The knife I made from a file, the design of which I gave to Himalayan Imports. H.I. is a firm that was started by a Peace Corps worker who married a Nepali woman, and started imported khukuris for sale in the U.S. to help the economy of the kamis (Nepali knife-makers) in her home village. H.I. sent my original to Nepal and they made their version, maybe 300 or so over-all, but they were not as successful in their rendition as they might have been, so I asked if the knife could be made by Andy when he was starting up his business. They agreed.

I released the rights to the design to Andy in his start-up business

I can't find a picture of the original, which is MUCH rougher in Photobucket, but I'll see if I can find a link from my computer.
As you can see, my version is VERY home-made, but good, given my limited talents.

That is a really cool story Kismet!!!:thumbsup:

I bought a pile of Moras, can't remember the model, for about $9 each a few years ago. Keep them scattered between vehicles and work benches. Even found one in my wife's purse the other day.

For working up a deer, it's hard to beat a Victorinx 5inch flexible boner. Somewhere in that $30 range.

5in flexible boner? Thats too much information! Kidding...But i do have quite a few knives in the collection.

Found the right link"

Back