Anybody been out in this heat?

Try to hunt near an old cattle pond, tank or spring fed creek the dog can lay in to cool off. And if the property has already seen a few hunters, leave the 28 gauge at home and bring a 12 with some magnum shells.
I got out today,but forgot my gun! Ran into a couple from bozeman who were hunting English setters.Had a conversation, moved on.Beautiful warm day that felt like summer.Still hot and dry.

I got out today,but forgot my gun! Ran into a couple from bozeman who were hunting English setters.Had a conversation, moved on.Beautiful warm day that felt like summer.Still hot and dry.
You should have asked if their dogs were from Montana. If they imported them from out of state, then probably not as good as native Montanan dogs when it comes to finding birds.

You should have asked if their dogs were from Montana. If they imported them from out of state, then probably not as good as native Montanan dogs when it comes to finding birds.
They looked like out of state transplant people. Brand new truck,bozeman plates.Nice people, probably not montana natives. Not indians.

My blacj lab puppies dad was born and raised in Lewistown montana. He is a black lab hunter.Hus mom was born and raised in livingston montana and a yellow lab.

Back