Any Reports from Wahsington County

wolfcreeknc

Hello everyone, going to start the travel on Tuesday to North Western Washington county on Tuesday. Not looking forward to the 16+ hours drive but I am looking forward to stepping out of the truck on Kansas soil! Any reports from that general area?
Best to all!

i my self was not up in that area, but a couple buddys did alright. said it was sloppy from the rain/snow mixture the day before. they saw a decent number of birds, not like western kansas, but enough to enjoy themselves and kill a few.

I talked to the farmer yesterday and he confirmed the messy roads; thanks for the "outlook". I am very excited about heading out. The real kicker is that the group that should have been there for opening weekend got their dates crossed and did not make it. We will be hunting some virgin land for the first time in many years! The report the farmer gave is that there is a decent amount of Pheasant and that there are some good coveys of quail to be found as well!

I'm really interested in reports from Washington area as well. I'm planning on being there Sunday morning for my first time in Kansas. I hope to see more than 1 rooster and 1 covey of quail because thats what I've seen so far in about 20 hrs of walking!

My cousin hunted Republic county right by the state line. He walked by himself with no dog and kicked up 2 roosters and 7 hens. He was in a CRP field that was 1 mile by 1/2 mile and he took 4 passes or went up and back twice. I'd say that's pretty decent. He didn't see any quail, but only hunted the one field and again he didn't have a dog.

I'm really interested in reports from Washington area as well. I'm planning on being there Sunday morning for my first time in Kansas. I hope to see more than 1 rooster and 1 covey of quail because thats what I've seen so far in about 20 hrs of walking!

I will be hitting the fields on Thursday morning. I will not have internet access to let you know what the conditions are but I could send you an e-mail from my phone (if I get a signal) to let you know. PM me with your e-mail and I will see what I can do. Better send it by 4:00 PM EST today since I will be hitting the road by 5:00! We will be in the Linn/Palmer area. Wish us luck!

Back