Any other states allow this besides MN ??

I've never even seen a hungarian partridge in MN. I've been hunting here 26 years now.

I posted about this after the end of last season too, but I find it very odd that the daily bag limit is 5 when there are so few around (or in my particular case, NONE). Its a real head scratcher for sure.

Huns used to be more prevalent in the NW corner of MN ... kind of overlapping where sharptails are.

Huns are a small grain bird. Corn and soybeans are not really a Hun's food source. Corn and soybeans are most all of what MN farms these days.

Huns really are not fans of large CRP tracks either. They are an edge bird.

Huns prefer drier climates too.

I've never even seen a hungarian partridge in MN. I've been hunting here 26 years now.

I posted about this after the end of last season too, but I find it very odd that the daily bag limit is 5 when there are so few around (or in my particular case, NONE). Its a real head scratcher for sure.
I’m guessing it’s been 25 or more since I’ve seen a hun covey in Minnesota.

Wonder if anyone drives around and pops pheasants off with their .22 the first (legal) and last hour of the day ?

Wonder if anyone drives around and pops pheasants off with their .22 the first (legal) and last hour of the day ?
I’m thinking it’s an old law and was more common in the 60s and 70s? Waiting for them to come up onto the gravel road?

About 15 years ago was the last covey of huns I saw in SW MN. All standing in a picked bean field as we drove by before 9 AM. I've ran into huns prairie chicken hunting in the NW a handful of times. I missed my only opportunity on them a few years back but others in our group have taken a couple huns up there.

SE MN, haven’t been in a few years, but they were there. Waterways through corn or beans, fence rows along crops or alfalfa.

I moved away from MN to ND about 19 years ago. When did MN go to allowing only 3 shells in a gun for upland hunting? A friend of mine there did not know this. I noticed it a couple of years ago when I had license for all season and thought about trying for Pheasants when I was around at Christmas. I had only been doing and occasional Ruffed Grouse/Woodcock hunt on a 72 hour license.

I moved away from MN to ND about 19 years ago. When did MN go to allowing only 3 shells in a gun for upland hunting? A friend of mine there did not know this. I noticed it a couple of years ago when I had license for all season and thought about trying for Pheasants when I was around at Christmas. I had only been doing and occasional Ruffed Grouse/Woodcock hunt on a 72 hour license.
MN doesn't require a plug in your gun for any upland hunting. Only migratory game birds.

Used to quite a few huns in central MN north of StC in '70's and early '80's. Shot many in '80's when old enough to shoot. No more grassy/brushy fence lines, grass fields and small grains like oats. Miss those days...some farms we'd shoot roosters, ruffed grouse and huns on same walk. Miss those days...😕

Ok. No one has read the original post!

Any other states allow a person to kill a pheasant with a .22 rifle ?

Back