any one seeing any birds?

blackcloud27

have only seen one bird this fall. harvest is in full swing and not seeing anything. capt coot combined all of the home place and flushed no birds with combine. this farm sits between 2 public areas and always has birds.

I spent my first half day scouting yesterday. Wish I could report something positive, but unfortunately I cannot. The wind certainly didn't help, and there was still a ton of standing corn in, but the numbers weren't as they should have been.

I covered about 150 miles in the truck, walked about 8 miles in the grass, and saw ONE HEN. Had a bunch more points by the dog, and I'm sure the birds were running, but I was certainly hoping for more to be seen.

I'm the eternal optimist, possibly to a fault (if that's possible), but I fear the worst pheasant season in my hunting career is upon us.

Nonetheless, I still plan to get my 2-3 days afield per week in!

I was out scouting for ducks last week and saw a big rooster and a few hens near Britt. Heard what sounded like a bunch yesterday morning waiting for sunrise. Will let you know if I see any when I go out duck hunting this afternoon.

Flushed 3 roosters out of a filter strip near Rock Valley on Sunday afternoon, pretty sure one was put up twice.

That's funny. Came out to Iowa 3 weeks ago to run dogs and would have had my limit with in 2 hours. And that was with 3 people and 3 dogs. North Centrak Winnie-Hancock Area.

Had a buddy hunt some of his families CRP and they spooked up about 15 he said. Shot 2. I think the north will be alright. Us southerners will struggle again.

Back