Any of you ND guys hunt waterfowl????

Someone from NoDak may chime in here.

I'm not from NoDak, but have done both Waterfowl and Phez hunting for many years.

What type of info are you looking for?

I have

in the past gone to Canada waterfowling I have a good field spread and blinds all that stuff .I'd like to take my 16 year old son to ND for a combo week next fall any suggestions on areas to hunt ,public acess.......just maybe point me in the right direction.....lol

Go online at the NDG&F and download some of their plots maps. Generally the best waterfowl hunting is in the central and SE portion of the state. Look for an area with ample public land (plots, WPA's) and base out of that area. The overlap for Phez and Waterfowl in this area will be decent providing the pheasant hatch was good.

The very highest phez numbers are normally in the SW but much of that land is often posted and many charge to hunt. You can still find lots of public land in the SW, but by far the best hunting will be on private.

Last edited:
Draw a line on a map roughly from the southeast corner of the state to the northwest corner. Stay south and west of that line and north and east of the Missouri River. Lots of pheasants in the southwest but very little in the way of waterfowl.

The primary focus should be ducks and geese. Pheasants may be fewer and farther between in the fall of 2010.

Fall of 2009 the delayed harvest really slowed pheasant hunters success. No one can predict how the harvest will go in 2010. That is a real time, current event each fall.

The primary focus should be ducks and geese. Pheasants may be fewer and farther between in the fall of 2010.

Fall of 2009 the delayed harvest really slowed pheasant hunters success. No one can predict how the harvest will go in 2010. That is a real time, current event each fall.

We combo hunted around Ashly, Oaks area offten and had a blast. ND is unbelievable waterfoul hunting. There were plenty of pheasants too. There are more pheasants out west near Strassberg, but duck hunting is better farther east. There are some areas out there though, just not too many. We had no trouble asking.

Back