any of you hunt with "hammers"

outlawskinnyd

i really wanted a sxs first, but in reality i have a lot more use in the o/u right now. being that i have nothing but crows to shoot now (minus my spring turkey in march) ill be at the sporting clays field till pheasant/quail season again.

so im looking to save, put $20 here, $50 there and ill be at $2000 in time for pheasant season. i was on cz's website and i saw they have some sxs's with exposed hammers. do any of you hunt with exposed hammers?

I have a SXS with exposed hammers from my wife's great, great grandfather It's a 12 gauge and has been in the family since the early 1880s. I shot a Ruff grouse with it this last fall.

Picture105.jpg

In no way do I suggest that you buy a exposed hammer gun as your go to upland gun. they are clumsy and slow to cock and fire. Fun as a nostalgia type hunt.

Onpoint

I have a sxs exposed hammer black powder 12 ga. I do hunt with it at least once a year and yes you do have to cock the hammers to shoot but then that is what makes it a fun thing to do. Mine patterns well and I have no problem taking pheasnats with it.

Back