Any luck yet??

Soonerhead

I just wanted to check with you guys and see if anyone has been out and had any luck. I have never hunted for pheasants out west, but would like to before season is over. Also, are the public areas out that way worth trying, or would I be better off asking for permission? Any help at all will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks again guys,

Stacy

I have not. I usually just quail hunt. I don't have any private contacts out in Northwest OK. I have killed roosters at Kaw WMA before near Ponca City. Don't know how far you are from that, but it probably would not be worth a long drive just for pheasant. Used to be a pretty good place to quail hunt and I'd flush an occassional rooster while hunting there. Going to get the dogs out this weekend. Been hearing birds whistle all fall while deer hunting.

this month has been bad for me,been sick and then cracked a rib but i am still goint out soon,i need to get this little GSP out on some birds

have seen a few birds but it is really dry they said they have not had any rain in several weeks it's making it tough on the dogs, just walking stirs up dust clouds and the wind has been blowing upto 30 mph roosters really neverous and scenting conditions are not the most favorable plus i have 2 young dogs all is linning up for atough season so far hopefully will get some rain or snow soon.

i just talked to 3 guys from texas that came thru town,they were in kansas not much luck few quail &most of the pheasant were hens

Pond Creek

I bet you guys would have like to hear from me when the season was going. There is a guy out by PondCreek that as over a thousand acres and pheasant all over. I had premission to hunt on the last day of the season for free. He gets a hundred a day to hunt any other time. There is many draws that he lets grow up for the birds. I have flushed twenty birds out one end but no blocker. That sucked didn't think that they was there. Ended up leaveing with none. Haven't been in a couple years but I know he is still doing it. He started a deer hunt there also. Not sure how many days but he woud charge like 500 for a deer and a night or something. A good deal if you ask me.

Give me a shout this year...have dogs and willing to block...:D

Back