Anxious!!

JFan02

Anyone else feeling anxious about the roadside count report? Had a rep in today from the Granite Falls area and he was thinking it would be a good year.

All I know is that I am far too excited!

Your not the only one Hang in there im no mathematician but I think we are less than 50 days away from chasing Some Ditch chickens :cheers:

I have been driving roads near our hunting area in SW MN about every two weeks since mid-June. The last drive was August 11. The most encouraging part was that the hatch is continuing into late summer, as there was a brood that could barely fly and a lot of chicks that were no bigger than adult Huns. A neighbor told me he had seen a brood that weekend that could not fly at all. In addition, there are the early-hatched chicks that are showing some color now. I drive a route through a small area (about a township) that has very high amounts of habitat compared to most of MN. It is looking much better than last year, but last year was hardly great.

Hey! you guys:) Gonna be some good bird hunting this Fall. I'm hearing good reports!:thumbsup:

I am so ready! Anyone that ever needs a partner for a trip from the cities just let me know and I will do my best to sneak away for a day!! A day in the field just walking in the crisp air is the best day I can have. (A couple of birds helps too!)

There are date countdown apps for smartphones. I put all of the hunting opener dates into it.

10 days early goose
24 days grouse
31 days waterfowl
52 days MN pheasant
59 days SD pheasant

My apologies I took a quick glance at the calender that day , :cheers:

Last edited:
My count is 14 daze:) Dove, Huns, Sharpies, Sage, Blue, Ruffed.
I guess that's about it?:confused:

I'll let you know how it goes maybe even a pic.:cheers:

Sorry, I went back and read my post correcting you. It sounded rude. I apologize for that.

No worries STALLY :thumbsup: Im first to admit Im excited for Grouse/phez opener just not 100% ready with this new GSP he's in shape and i think he's getting it so far time will tell 8months old so i may need to give him some slack :confused:

No worries STALLY :thumbsup: Im first to admit Im excited for Grouse/phez opener just not 100% ready with this new GSP he's in shape and i think he's getting it so far time will tell 8months old so i may need to give him some slack :confused:

With a setter that age you would be out looking for your dog right now.:D

He will do fine. Just keep getting him into birds. Is this your second GSP?

Back