Anticipation

This will be my 57th bird opener and I still have the excitement of watching the dogs and waiting for the rush of wings. What a great sport !

I hope the nearby flush of a pheasant, whether hen or rooster, never grows old.

Enjoy the season.

Last edited:
The flush is the rush. Anticipation is what gives us hope. Don't let the old man in when you get up in the morning. Close in age Musher.
Keep giving the dogs some opportunities. God bless for a safe season.

This will be my 57th bird opener and I still have the excitement of watching the dogs and waiting for the rush of wings. What a great sport !
My first year in the field with a gun, chasing pheasants was 1956. So this would make it my 67th opener except for the 3 falls I missed while in the Army. While I no longer have the same anticipation of the upcoming season as I did in my younger years I still enjoy the heck out of walking the fields with my dog. I don't think that will ever diminish.

My first year in the field with a gun, chasing pheasants was 1956. So this would make it my 67th opener except for the 3 falls I missed while in the Army. While I no longer have the same anticipation of the upcoming season as I did in my younger years I still enjoy the heck out of walking the fields with my dog. I don't think that will ever diminish.
Thank you for your service, enjoy every moment of your season!

Back