Another Successful Rescue

JMc

Super Moderator
Awhile back, I posted about getting "Major" from the drug dog guys. Here is a pic of him. He is headed to his new home this Saturday. He has been an absolute joy. The best combination of bird dog / house dog in a GSP that I have ever seen. He will be joining a family with three little girls and can hardly wait...by the way...Frank the Girl Cat rules!
Major011.jpg

Major034.jpg

That is great Jim, I swear, when the times comes after Tony, I'm going to be looking hard at our local Brittany Rescue for a new pup.........Bob

I have been pretty lucky...my boy Taz was my first and obviously best rescue story; however, I have had a few that didn't work out so it's a crap shoot. It's kind of like being in the kid business...you can't save them all but when you save one, it's worth it. By the way Bob, I have a friend that raises Brittany's and is always offering me a pup...so if and when you need one, let me know and if possible, it will be on me.

I'd take you up on that right now Jim, Only my wife has a firm law. "Only one dog at a time." For as great as she is with my hunting, buying guns and dogs. I abide by her wishes in a case like this. I'd be a fool not to.........Bob

I'd take you up on that right now Jim, Only my wife has a firm law. "Only one dog at a time." For as great as she is with my hunting, buying guns and dogs. I abide by her wishes in a case like this. I'd be a fool not to.........Bob

I had that law too...until I broke it by taking her to a guy that had 4 week old pups. That law was definitely made to be broken!

Dcup, I have been married to this women for 53 years. I definitely know which side my bread is buttered on. She is good to me on so many things. I'm not going to push something like another dog when I have a good one.......Bob

Actually the people at the humane society know me as my wife and I stop in there and help feed dogs when we are in Amarillo, so they give me a call when one comes in. Major was being trained by the drug dog company and they bought some kind of high dollar Belgian Mal...??? So he was shoved in a kennel and left for nothing. I have pics of my GSP's in my office and when they came to my school they asked if I wanted him so they brought him back to me and that's his story.

Rescue Dog

That is great Jim, I swear, when the times comes after Tony, I'm going to be looking hard at our local Brittany Rescue for a new pup.........Bob

I got my Brittany from National Brittany Rescue and Adoption network. He's a terrific hunter and companion.

Fine Looking Dog

Awhile back, I posted about getting "Major" from the drug dog guys. Here is a pic of him. He is headed to his new home this Saturday. He has been an absolute joy. The best combination of bird dog / house dog in a GSP that I have ever seen. He will be joining a family with three little girls and can hardly wait...by the way...Frank the Girl Cat rules!
Major011.jpg

Major034.jpg

Great looking GSP going to good home. Will he get hunted?

Back