Along way from home but still some quail

HUNTIN4FUN

They may not be Bobwhites but there are quail here in Dubai believe it or not. I actually think they look closer to a Chukar. This doesn't really help with the fact that I won't be partaking in the KS season but, it does give me some viewer enjoyment so to speak. I will try and get a picture or two of these little guys up soon. Just remember though that if things get too rough in KS a quick 16 hour flight and you could be back into the action.:D

Can you hunt there?

Do you know what the breed is called yet? You should fly the dogs over to show them too:rolleyes: Seriously though, I hope you can find a way to legally shoot one. If you do, please tell us how it tastes.

I'm still waiting to catch a picture of one. I wish the girls could be here to see them as well but it's just not going to work that way. They will see plenty of birds though none the less. Legal or not I am going to find out what they taste like. I think a wrist rocket is on my short list of things to get over here.

I tried to catch some with the camera tonight while driving through the neighborhood, funny thing is you need the camera to do this. I have done some asking around and found out they are more of a partridge than a quail. They are called the grey francolin and they are everywhere. I will still find out what they taste like before I leave here.

Good looking birds--my guess is that they will be great eating to.:coolpics:

Back