Alaska Moose

BleuBijou

Thought I would share some pic's of my Buddy and his Uncle, with his Uncle's Moose. My Buddy just moved Back up to Alaska and went to help. His Uncle , who lives there as well, seems to shoot big Moose quite often!!! I better get a licsense!!!
GetAttachment2.jpg
GetAttachment1-2.jpg
GetAttachment1-3.jpg
:cheers:

The fun part is over--how comes the work, its like shooting a cow in the back 40 and packin it to the farmhouse.:eek:

Mighty big animal. Congrats.

Congrats to them! Thats my dream hunt. How wide was it?

It was 63" !! He has shot a 73" and a 68" the 68" Scored higher than the 73" He has always shot big Moose and these are 3 out of the 30 he has taken!!

The fun part is over--how comes the work, its like shooting a cow in the back 40 and packin it to the farmhouse.:eek:

Believe it or not, they can get the 6 wheelers to them. But it is still a load. 2 quarters per machine.

Cut most into steaks and roasts and had left 200lbs. of burger!!!!!

I shot a bull Shiras moose in Wyoming 2001 with about a 40" spread and nice palms. I was use to dressing out and handling bull elk and I couldn't believe the difference in size and weight. I can't even imagine a large Alaskan moose.

WyomingMoose10-1-2001.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Zeb, hope you get that photo up!!! I have been trying to get a tag for 2 decades for Shiras. No luck yet!!! Have some Dandies picked out, just need the Tag!!! May have to just go to AK!!! At least I won't have to pay for a guide!!! Expecting snow above 9000 ft. Tues thru Thurs! Hope it keeps going and Brings good fortune for your Elk trip!!!

Awesome pics Bleu, and that would be one hell of a good time up there. I also hear they have a 25 Mallard a day limit. I'm thinkin AK is where it is at. :thumbsup:

Guy's , my buddy always had this Rooster Pheasant wake him up in the morning. He left for Homer, AK and after 4 days of driving and just stopping and sleeping in his truck , he finally made it. Only to be awakened by a Rooster Pheasant crowing. Thought it was a dream that he even left!!! Then he said the damn things are running around everywhere. Adults and young ones!! I guess someone released some birds and they have exploded. He said there is no season and Game and Fish is not pleased they are there and doing so well!!!HMMMMMMMM!!

Awesome pics Bleu, and that would be one hell of a good time up there. I also hear they have a 25 Mallard a day limit. I'm thinkin AK is where it is at. :thumbsup:

And 50 ptarmigan a day!:eek: Maybe a bunch of us Uphers should head up there and help them out with there out of control game bird population.:D:cheers:

Dakotazeb- I had to go look at my picture- about the same size

I took my brothers boat, 3 days supplies, his Golden Retriever, 20 guage shotgun, my 7MM Rem Mag, .357 mag pistol, and headed up the Mulchattna River- said I'd be back with a bear or moose

when I got the bull loaded I couldn't move the boat- quite funny- it was said by some the bull toppled into the boat-

coming down river I thought the little 12' boat might sink- had to much weight up front

Back