Air Force Officer new to forum from ND by way of GA

pnsballard

Hello all...UGA grad stationed at Minot AFB, ND new to this forum. Grew up bass fishing in SouthEast. Added upland game to the hobby list a few years ago while at Mt Home AFB in Idaho. Last year added my first gundog to the mix ("Dakota" the Viszla). Not much time to get beyond a 45min drive surrounding Minot AFB due to ops tempo(being the deputy maintenance group commander makes for a busy schedule). Looking to link up with folks to get some experience and get Dakota on some birds. Population is noticeably down. Got him on some grouse but have not even seen a pheasant yet. Hit PLOTS in surrounding area and one WMA down in Bismarck all prior to the snow. Could use some help/tips/tricks to get on/find some good opportunities as close to the Minot area as possible for quick out/backs of about 2 hours max. This is Dakota's first season, he is coming along nicely and has a good nose. Ping me and let me know if you're up for an outing.

First thing, thanks for serving! Secondly, welcome to the site. You'll get a ton of tips and tactics so I hope that you have a blank tablet and lots of ink to take notes.....:D Enjoy your time here!

Welcome to ups. And thank you for your service. kio's right you better break out a new legal pad. welcome.:)

Welcome,Welcome,Welcome and thanks for joining and your service!!!:cheers:

Welcome to UPH, drop by often and enjoy the forum.......Bob

Welcome to uph. Thank you for serving. If you take a look in the bird dog section, I'm sure you'll be able to find all sorts of advice. And then Some. :) Good Luck.

Back