Again?????

0fer2

So you're getting smacked with another blizzard-wow, 2 in 2 weeks! Thats gonna hurt the pheasants, sounds like the snow won't melt away anytime soon with the amounts and drifting.

I have noticed that the windbreaks and farmsteads provide much needed shelter, especially multi-row shelterbelts.

Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

It's one of those years that can be devastating to the birds. The only food will be the spilled grain at the shoulder of the road or the bales PF gives to landowners. If you know of some landowners holding birds forward their info along to your local committee members and see about getting a round bale of milo delivered to them. It helps the birds tremendously, they don't last long on the shoulder. The closer to cover you put the bale, the better. It's early to be this bad. I cancelled next weeks hunt because the landowner I was hunting on called, and said he had almost 30 inches before this one.

Some of the landowners where we hunt in ND were telling us this year that pheasants will congregate around the silage pits during super cold / snowy weather. One of my friends up there said that he feeds them all winter and that if he's late getting to where he feeds that they will be waiting on him some days!

Back