A Snowy Hunt

T

tOlzon

romanbanditsnow.jpg

Snow near Milaca, MN was over 3 feet deep. Needless to say, our success was limited.

Can you find the dog??? He's in there somewhere, I promise. Poor little guy was swimming through the snow!

Nice Photo

How did I miss this photo??? Very nice, love hunting in that weather. Blowing snow and freezing cold hunting birds is damn fun.

:coolpics::10sign:

Ryan, You have to be young to love that type hunting. An old F---t like me would burn out in 10 minutes. It does remind me of the snow we got here just a while back. Strange winter for all. Click on picture and it will enlarge for you. Also notice the shed the snow is almost up to handles. That was our first snow this year.--- Bob

Last edited:
Bob, I'm 30 and turn 31 here in a month... so yes, I'm still a young buck.

Holy s*&*. Lots of snow in that photo! I love the snow, but these subzero days day after day after day after day gets old. How's the weather been in Washington this year?

Check out this photo: http://www.buffalobutte.com/photos/springers-friend-family-hunt/ I look like idiot in that photo (I'm the tall one at 6'6"). I had about a thousand layers on. I couldn't feel my face after that hunt. The wind was insane. -32 with windchill that day. When those birds took off, wow, they had their afterburners turned on. My friend Andy to the right used his ski goggles. That was a great idea.

The next day we went out, it was about 10 degrees. Heat wave! http://www.buffalobutte.com/photos/december-sharpshooters/

Ryan, It is straighting out now. But for December we set a record for snow. That snow in the picture was our Yearly Total. That was just the first one it snowed for days after that. I think we had 84 inches of snow in the month of Dec. But thankfully not much since.--- Bob

I had plenty of hunting in snow this past Fall, everytime I went West it snowed and hard. Couple inches is OK. I prefer the perfect weather myself. 60 degree afternoons and frosty mornings, calm winds.:thumbsup:

Ryan Yes, we had some cold days early this month. But now it is running about 15-20 at night and low 30's in the day time. A few days did get above 35 but those were and are few.

Back