A Little Tolerance Please

ranchodeluxe

I would like to request a little tolerance between hunters and landowners/outfitters and vice-versa. Without ,going into detail about why I am starting this thread, I just want all sides to consider that we are all in this together,and we will all fall together. I recognize and totally respect your private property rights, and will stay out of the way of your paid hunters,even when it would be perfectly legal to walk the section line adjacent to the area they are about to hunt. If you could recognize that even though I cannot afford to pay you $2300.00 for a three-day hunt,that I do pay your for your subsidies, CRP and shelterbelts, as-well-as supporting both the rich man's and the not- so- rich man's right to hunt with my vote.
This is not "The Sport of Kings" and when you keep hassling me in my LEGAL pursuit of game until you wear me out, I will no longer support the subsidies,nor the rich man's right to hunt! I may not have much clout in my wallet, but I am as powerful as any man with my vote.
Hunters cheating on the public rights-of-way, and landowners hassling those of us who don't, are wearing out local law enforcement and causing uneccessary friction between us. Please consider tolerance on both sides before it's too late!

The key words here are: Tolerance and Vote. They are the only things we can control. As both a land owner and a hunter, I see both sides; however, we cannot control the thoughts or actions of others. Because of that, I choose to be tolerant enough to avoid conflict but firm enough to stand for the rights given to me. Good Luck!

The key words here are: Tolerance and Vote. They are the only things we can control. As both a land owner and a hunter, I see both sides; however, we cannot control the thoughts or actions of others. Because of that, I choose to be tolerant enough to avoid conflict but firm enough to stand for the rights given to me. Good Luck!

Well put JMc +1

Good points all. Have not had to much trouble with hunters on or around my land--just as long as everyone plays by the rules we all win. I have opened up my land a lot more this year and I'm glad I did as I've meet some new friends-- hope to keep the more open policy going and will as long as it does not become a problem.:cheers:

Thanks to the two awesome landowners I met yesterday. One for politely asking me to not hunt his ROW as his paid hunters were just over the hill and out of sight, as he brought in the blockers. The other for tolerating my unarmed retrieval in his CRP. It was almost as-if they had read this thread. Plenty of room for everyone if we all just cooperate the least little bit.

I have been hunting SD for quite a few years now and have come to the conclusion that most landowners are very tolerant of pheasant hunters. Last year our group finished up a hunt on some public property and it was a little after lunch so we eased up the road a bit so that we did not hinder anyone that might want to hunt the area after us, pulled over and dropped the tailgate for sandwich. While eating, an older gentleman in an old beat up pickup stopped by and asked what we were doing. We explained that we were just getiing a bite to eat before going to our next hunting spot. The gentleman was very cordial and stated that he owned the property on each side of the road where we were eating. We assured him we were just eating lunch and offered him a ham sandwich and a coke. He gladly accepted our offer. After a few minutes of conversation, he told us we could hunt the slough across the road from where we were eating. I told him were were very appreciative of his gift and that we would respect his property while hunting. The four of us limited out in that one slough.

In have found that the story above is more the norm than the exception. I want to thank all the property owners here on this forum for their continued tolerance of us hunters. We are all in this together.

Dan

Back