A little extreme weather!

quail hound

This is the second time this year the "cotton wood" creek has had a little more water than it could handle. Last time it flooded about 6 square miles of ag land, this time it may flood more. This land was historically wetlands and I think I know why.

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

QH, Thas't alot of water... What are the things in the feild???? Grape fences??? Thanks for sharing the pic's

Yep those are grape stakes in the field. They just planted new vines there and I'm not sure if they will survive or not.

That's not good ,I hope the new vines make through. I know the are releasing alot of water In Wyoming, trying to avoid flooding , from spring runoff. Is the flooding in your part of Cali. from Recent Rains or from Runoff???
How bad is the flooding ? Local or ???:)

Yeah all of our lakes are at capacity and the rain and snow isn't stopping. We get around 12" of rain total in a normal year and we got about 3.5" this week alone, 15" total so far this year and April is usually pretty wet around here. The flooding is pretty localized around canals and creeks that can't handle the high run off flows. On the bright side the cattle ranchers won't have to feed much as the range looks great right now.:thumbsup:

Yea i'll bet the range looks good right now. What about fire danger??? you guys get alot of thunderstorms AKA lightening??? :)

Yea i'll bet the range looks good right now. What about fire danger??? you guys get alot of thunderstorms AKA lightening??? :)

No we don't see a whole lot of thunderstorms around here, maybe 1 or 2 a year. The real fire danger comes from man when things dry out in the hills.

Man...what the heck is going on! Seems like the whole country is having weird weather.

Man...what the heck is going on! Seems like the whole country is having weird weather.

Well its not really to weird, we've been in a drought for a few years and this season just snapped us out of it. We've got 15" of rain this year, normal is 12" and the record is 23".:eek: Like I said the land that flooded used to be wetlands about 70 years ago and maybe God wants them back.

Back