A Great Weekend In Winner

oscar

Last week was my 14th annual trip to Winner. I took one new guy this year and we all had a great time. We limited out every day and saw lots and lots of birds. Many were in the corn and hard to get at, but we did. We had snow Thursday night and it was cold and muddy on Friday. Sat & Sun were better, but still lots of mud. Can't wait for next year.

Congrats! Sounds like you got into them! Thanks for sharing. Any pics?:cheers:

Rod​

Here Is A Picture

Hunting09006.jpg

Now that's what I'm talkin about!! Nice job. Thanks for posting the pic!

9 birds each in your photo. That IS a good day. Just kidding Oscar. Looks like you guys had a great time. I drove through some of that snow last Thurs. night. 18" in Deadwood so we stayed in Rapid City.

9 birds each in your photo. That IS a good day. Just kidding Oscar. Looks like you guys had a great time. I drove through some of that snow last Thurs. night. 18" in Deadwood so we stayed in Rapid City.

No limit at preserves!! :D:D:D:D

Great photo congrats!

A little misleading report. I wouldn't expect such success on public land or on all wild birds. Too many see these pics and think they can drive out to just about any location and shoot limits in just a few hours. Hunting wild birds on public or even private non release areas can be much more challenging.

onpoint

Quote from their website
http://www.mansheimpheasants.com/

"Mansheim Pheasants is a family farm-ranch operation located in Tripp County, SD near Winner and Gregory. We enjoy sharing the fun of our type of hunting activity with you, and pride ourselves on our farming practices which produce the correct atmosphere for wild pheasants.

We are not a preserve. All pheasants are natural wild birds.

The Missouri River is only 45 minutes away and is known for its excellent Canadian goose hunting as well as fishing. Grouse are in season, and on occasion we will see deer, fox and coyote.

Limited lodging is available. Please bring your own sleeping bags or bedding and towels.

You are right Sir. Maybe they had more hunters than are pictured. I assumed it was a Pheasant hunting preserve with the number of birds per hunter pictured is all.

Last edited:
I figured the same..especially since they would need 8 more hunters to make that a legal picture on wild birds.

Either way it looks like a great time!:D

Those are ALL wild birds. I have hunted with these folks for many years and they work very hard to provide cover and food for the birds so that they thrive each year. The picture is only my group, there were probably 15 or so hunters total and those were everyone's birds.

I figured there were more hunters Oscar. Still nice to have a picture like that for the memories when A guy is older.

Sorry I thought it was from a preserve at first.

onpoint

Back