A Dad, a Son and his Dog.

outdoorslife89

A Dad, a Son and his Dog. Some of the best memories a man could ask for were made today.

Remi and Dad's first hunt EVER! Our first hunt all together! Remi turned 10 months on Saturday 10/21 and we were able to celebrate it with a hunt/training session on Sunday morning 10/22 at Brookline Farms LLC in NJ.

It was a beautiful day however we had zero wind. The grounds were great, the owner was a nice guy and the birds were great fliers. We flushed 4 out of 4 pheasants and went 2 for 4, both resulting in roosters. I couldn't ask for a better day spent with my two friends.

"It's not about the destination itself. Its about what you experience along the way and most importantly, who you are sharing it with."

Beyond awesome! If those pictures don't capture exactly what it is all about, then nothing does. In this messed up world, you have a lot to be proud of.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Thanks a lot 519! Happy to share. I am extremely proud, as is my father. This is really special for us.

It was a day in which memories were made and I am at a loss for words honestly. Truly special in more ways than one. The bond with Remi and I is just incredible and she is showing me more and more(wow!). Also, for me to get my father introduced into this at 65 years old is just extraordinary! Even just the night my father bought his license had me in awe.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. My Dad is 72 and still goes with me and my brother and our sons. My Dad introduced us to hunting and glad he still goes with us. He sometimes will just watch from the truck if its to cold or to far to walk. To him its not about shooting pheasants anymore just watching his grand kids, his boys and the dogs hunt. We make the 16 hour drive to ND or SD every year. He always says this is his last hunt but we hope not. Glad to see you and Dad had great time. Thanks for the pictures.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. My Dad is 72 and still goes with me and my brother and our sons. My Dad introduced us to hunting and glad he still goes with us. He sometimes will just watch from the truck if its to cold or to far to walk. To him its not about shooting pheasants anymore just watching his grand kids, his boys and the dogs hunt. We make the 16 hour drive to ND or SD every year. He always says this is his last hunt but we hope not. Glad to see you and Dad had great time. Thanks for the pictures.

No problem SweetWill, I enjoy sharing my experiences and just felt like many would be able to relate in some ways. I dont like getting lost in just the hunt, the shooting of birds. Theres more to it IMO. We are all out to shoot birds but our little deal is pretty special. Starting with my Dad never being interested in the past but now getting his first firearms license at the age of 65. Instead of him passing down the hunting tradition to me, I am passing it UP to him, its really turned into something special for us. He loves watching Remi find and flush the birds, he really enjoys it. He is a little more serious now and wants to start getting more range time as a result of our hunt where as before if he shot 5 or 6 times he was "ok" with that.

We live in NJ and next year would like to take a drive on an out of state pheasant hunt. Maybe SD, maybe Kansas, not sure just yet.

Thats really cool that your Dad is still going with you. I hope its not your Dads last as well, and Im going to stay optimistic that he will go again! There is just something really powerful about that, whether he hunts or hangs back. As Im learning, sometimes its not the destination but what we experience and with who, along our way to and from. He is probably extremely proud watching his sons and grandsons enjoy the great outdoors as he did/still is.

Thank you for sharing, looks like a perfect day.

Back