A break from pheasant hunting

ROCK

This past weekend I chaired a benifit trial for my Northern Illinois NSTRA region.Wasn't overly thrilled about doing it during our pheasant seson but our region needed to get this trial in to pay the lease for the property we use.Fortunately other NSTRA regions heard about our money problem and came out to lend a hand.Members from Indiana,Wisconsin,Southern Illinois and Michigan came to our 2-day trial on what turned out to be a great (weatherwise) weekend to run dogs.We made this trial an OPEN/NOVICE trial which braces the experienced dogs against each other and the novice dogs against each other.They all run in the open division but this allows the inexperienced to not have to compete against seasoned or champion dogs.It's a great way for new members to get started in this venue.We had two new members get in this trial as novice dogs and each brought a weimeraner that took a placement this weekend.Their dogs(with AKC hunt titles as well as a couple field trial placements) looked great,the handlers loved how NSTRA worked and said the can't wait for our spring season to start!
It was a great weekend with everyone laughing and ribbing each other over missed shots,each other's football teams and congrats for nice runs in the field.Can't say enough what good people you meet at NSTRA and Akc. events.
Icing on the cake for me was I took a 1st.,3rd. and 4th place this weekend and made my little vizsla a 2-time NSTRA Champion!!

Way to go, Rock! :thumbsup:

Elle still needs one more 1st place finish for her first championship. It's been tough to come by. Either she screws up or I do. One of these days the stars will align. :)

Back