A-5

Mines a '56, 16 ga, 26" mod, plain barrel, some deer hunter drilled 4 holes into the receiver for a scope mt, has the requisite cracks on forearm, bluing about 80%, bought it for $350 off the Cabela's used gun rack 20 years ago. Love that gun.

Mines a '56, 16 ga, 26" mod, plain barrel, some deer hunter drilled 4 holes into the receiver for a scope mt, has the requisite cracks on forearm, bluing about 80%, bought it for $350 off the Cabela's used gun rack 20 years ago. Love. That sounds like a great gun! Mine was made in the 20s.30 inch full, mag, plain barrel.

Brent: How old is this gun? I like the wood on the rear stock - unusual. Is the gun an auto load or do you have to press the button each time?
Thanks Jon. It is pretty. I looked a long time before finding this one. This is my Auto-5, semi-auto. It was built in 1991 & I bought it in 1999. It had been fired, but very, very little. It was basically new in box.

Brent: OK, thanks. Balance point on the gun?
Jon, not necessarily. While I shoot my Sweet 16 better than any of my guns... it's really not all that sweet. It's relatively heavy. If I don't change carrying position regularly, my old, frail elbows get stiff & a bit sore. Can't have sore elbows when a rooster flushes. 💪🤣

Jon, not necessarily. While I shoot my Sweet 16 better than any of my guns... it's really not all that sweet. It's relatively heavy. If I don't change carrying position regularly, my old, frail elbows get stiff & a bit sore. Can't have sore elbows when a rooster flushes. 💪🤣
Brent: One of the problems I've noticed during winter hunts..the lower part of the arm going numb. Believe this is due to long underwear top constricting the arm; carrying the gun in one position too long. Friend of mine noticed the same thing. At 82, however, this isn't the only ache and pain!

Brent: One of the problems I've noticed during winter hunts..the lower part of the arm going numb. Believe this is due to long underwear top constricting the arm; carrying the gun in one position too long. Friend of mine noticed the same thing. At 82, however, this isn't the only ache and pain!
Jon, tell me about it. I'm 51!! And heading downhill fast. 🤣 I'd say you must be doing pretty well. I'm a huge proponent of layering my clothing. Light layers. Not only do I stay more comfortable, since I can fine tune my get-up to the weather, but the less bulk I'm wearing, the better I shoot. I also experience my lower arms falling asleep sometimes, usually in colder weather when I'm wearing an extra layer or 2 & maybe my circulation had diminished a bit.

Jon, tell me about it. I'm 51!! And heading downhill fast. 🤣 I'd say you must be doing pretty well. I'm a huge proponent of layering my clothing. Light layers. Not only do I stay more comfortable, since I can fine tune my get-up to the weather, but the less bulk I'm wearing, the better I shoot. I also experience my lower arms falling asleep sometimes, usually in colder weather when I'm wearing an extra layer or 2 & maybe my circulation had diminished a bit.
Glad to know I'm not alone with the circulation issue...looser clothing on the arms. The right arm has a titanium device that goes from the shoulder to my elbow. Cold weather: the device gets cold, hence the need for warm gear on the upper arm. Always something! Agree with less clothing...always shoot better in the summer and early fall.

Back