870 Wingmaster

Another one here that used an 870 as their 1st shotgun. Mine was my father's, he puchased a new 1100 and he took the kick-pad off it so I could shoulder it easier, it had a 30" full choke barrel. I went for several seasons before I got one, then dad got me a 28" modifieg choke barrel, that made things a little easier, eventually put the butt pad back on. Shot it until I got out of college and bought my current 11-87. Took dad back his 870 a couple years after that....will likely get it back in the next decade.

Another one here that used an 870 as their 1st shotgun. Mine was my father's, he puchased a new 1100 and he took the kick-pad off it so I could shoulder it easier, it had a 30" full choke barrel. I went for several seasons before I got one, then dad got me a 28" modifieg choke barrel, that made things a little easier, eventually put the butt pad back on. Shot it until I got out of college and bought my current 11-87. Took dad back his 870 a couple years after that....will likely get it back in the next decade.
Hope it takes you longer than you think to get that 870 back. Much longer.

Yep, hope so too. He is 84 now. When he was in his early 70s, he said he would shoot prairie dogs when he was 90...I am holding him to that! He got a buck out of the tower (seen in the background of this pic) last season....it was better than shooting one yourself, a lot like when your kid get one. He is in good shape for his age, but he is slowing down a little.1611852656803.png

Last edited:
Yep, hope so too. He is 84 now. When he was in his early 70s, he said he would shoot prairie dogs when he was 90...I am holding him to that! He got a buck out of the tower (seen in the background of this pic) last season....it was better that shoting one yourself, alot like when your kid get one. He is in good shape for his age, but he is slowing down a little.View attachment 1196
Nice!!!

I'm a duck hunter so all my shotguns are plugged. Usually when the opportunity for a triple presets itself I miss the first shot !!!

Back