6 Month Old Female Brittany

Dakotazeb

I came across a 6 month old female Brittany that I would really love to own but I don't think it's in the cards for me at this time. I am very familiar with the breeding and pedigree of this dog. It should make someone a wonderful hunting companion and would also do well in field trials like NSTRA. The breeder sold the dog to a couple whose son ended up being allergic to the dog so the breeder has it back. The dog was raised in the house and is house broken. Other than that she has had no field work. The breeder will introduce her to gun fire and work her on birds before placing her in a new home. Here is what the breeder had to say about her on hi FB page.

This pretty girl is Darby. She is 6 months old. She is one of the pups from my last litter. Unfortunately, her family's oldest son developed a severe allergic reaction to her. The parents struggled with this for months along with many doctor trips before deciding the best thing for all was to bring Darby back to me. This was a very very hard thing for this family to do and I have a huge amount of respect for them for trying so hard to make it work, She is a very smart and super sweet pup. They kept her inside with them and is house trained. Her sire and dam are both OFA GOOD and her dam has been CERF tested as well as tested clear. Both the sire and dam are great family/hunting companions and both have shown they are very competitive in the field trials. She has not had a bird in her mouth since she left me at 9 weeks of age. She has never been put on loose birds until this morning. The points you see in these pictures are from scent and as natural as they come. Darby is available to the right home for $1,200. I will have put her through gun introduction and she will have been well acclimated to birds by the time she leaves me I will be very selective to where she goes. I have also included a picture of both the sire and dam. If you are searching for a special pup that you can hunt this season, this is a good one!

Below is the photo he posted of Darby scent pointing a bird after he got her back. If anyone is interested I can get you the pedigree and also visit with you about some of the dogs in the pedigree. Just shoot me a PM.

View attachment 7582

hi has this dog been re-homed?
I have a older friend whose Brittany passed , and feels he doesn't have the time to invest in a pup... he is pushing late 70's but loves to bird hunt, and is good health in Montana.

Back