48AL Franchi jams with lightoads

Radar

Ok so I thought someone else may have a 48al and hopefully figured out how to get these one that jams out of that havbit. I have a 48AL 12 gauge hunter model that is the high dollar polished engraved model. I have had it for years and love the gun and have profusely cleaned it as well as polishing the magazine tube as well as set the compression ring on the tube to the light load setting but if I try to shoot a lighter than 1 1/4 ounce load it will jam every few shots. The thing will shoot hard hitting shells all day but it annoys me it wont shoot light loads. A couple friends had them and theirs were similar to mine with the same issue. I have even used a dremel and polished/clearanced the compression ring a little to no avail. Still the same. I am about to just order a new weatherby sa-08 to use for doves and quail when I dont wanna shoot the heavy loads. I just love how the franchi points and shoots.

Are you sure you have the friction rings in the correct position for the lighter loads? Check your owners manual if you have one. If not do some searching on the web under "Franchi 48AL friction rings".

I've never owned a 48AL but it is appears to work on the same concept as the Browning A5's. I know I have to change the position of the frictions rings if I switch from light to heavy loads and vice versa.

If the gun is older you may have to replace the rings and recoil spring.

Yep I have a couple brownings and a recoil operated ithaca auto and have the rings correct. . Thank you for checking tho.

I have done quite a bit of searching. Had the thing for 15 years and love it but its just my heavy field load gun. Just thought I would check with you all.

Back