4 bird limit?

What is the reasoning behind Kansas being the only state that has a 4 bird limit? I am just curious why it would be more than even South Dakota. What are your opinions on why the state made it 4 instead of staying with 3?

I'm not complaining by any means because it lets me stay out in the field longer but do you think it's good or bad for kansas?

My only thought is because it will maybe help out with getting more out of staters into kansas because they can bag more birds so in case get the state more money but thats just my opinion. I'm glad so many people travel to this great state because its giving kansas the opportunity to inroll more and more walk in hunting and perserving pheasant hunting with more conservation efforts. Keep on coming boys!

If the bird population can handle it why not. Still only allowed to harvest roosters

Dont know about Kansas, but most of Colorado's pheasant hunters only hunt the first two weekends of the season, then the number of hunters drops big time! Dumb birds are taken out earlly and we really have to earn em' the rest of the season

What is the reasoning behind Kansas being the only state that has a 4 bird limit? I am just curious why it would be more than even South Dakota. What are your opinions on why the state made it 4 instead of staying with 3?

I'm not complaining by any means because it lets me stay out in the field longer but do you think it's good or bad for kansas?

My only thought is because it will maybe help out with getting more out of staters into kansas because they can bag more birds so in case get the state more money but thats just my opinion. I'm glad so many people travel to this great state because its giving kansas the opportunity to inroll more and more walk in hunting and perserving pheasant hunting with more conservation efforts. Keep on coming boys!
I would like to some time, I stay in Wichataw Kansas when I go to TX and I have always thought it would be nice to come down after things get too snowy here. Some day maybe. It would be more apealing to me then the more comercialized states.

....... a limit??.....:p
I thought it was when ye' run outta' bullets?

HA!.. if I had to hunt with those two, my heart could only take about one trip per year.. :p
Sorry, I was just contacted with a threat to ban me from the site for the nudity, I'd rather just remove it. :(

It is 'now' a much closer portrayal of the girls I hunt with..;)

Last edited:
HA!.. if I had to hunt with those two, my heart could only take about one trip per year.. :p
Sorry, I was just contacted with a threat to ban me from the site for the nudity, I'd rather just remove it. :(

It is 'now' a much closer portrayal of the girls I hunt with..;)

grouchyolddude. Not big deal and I apologize that you got threatened to get banned. Whoever threatened you does not speak for everyone and I do agree with you, the appropriate action would to have been to ask you to remove it. I just replaced it for you with your nice lab photo.

Thats a lab eating the Easter Bunny..... ha got that picture in an email last year along with this picture

Easter is Cancelled.....

Easter_is_cancelled.jpg

Last edited:
South Dakota voted 5 to 4 to keep the bird limit at 3.:(

4 bird limit

Back in the early 60's when the soil bank program was popular Kansas had a 5 bird limit. One could shoot 5 birds which could include 2 hens. You had to have at least one rooster in possesion before any hens could be shot. I think when this was dropped the 4 bird limit was put into effect.

grouchyolddude. Not big deal and I apologize that you got threatened to get banned. Whoever threatened you does not speak for everyone and I do agree with you, the appropriate action would to have been to ask you to remove it. I just replaced it for you with your nice lab photo.

I kinda thought it was cute, now we have to look at another Lab.:D:cheers::coolpics:Just kidding, nice looking dog grouchyolddude

Durn right she's cute, or she woudn't have gotten fishnets and a garter belt fer christmas ;)

Fishnets and garter belt...what did I miss out on?

Back