22 or 209 for training.......

What are you training? Puppies, older dogs? Personally I would not use either, I like a training pistol that shoots acorn crimps.

.209 are so much cheaper!
Chedite .209 primers are $24 for 1000 when on sale. .22 crimps are about $9 per 100. The new Pro .209 seems to be a superior gun to the Alpha it is very similar to the GunX .209. Get a hold of Robin Solomon at Riverview Classic Blank Gun Sales & Service.
I have a Days End, Alpha, and GunX. The Days end is cool in a nostalgic way but inconvenient, the GunX is the day to day go to but trigger gaurd is to small for winter gloves , and the Alpha feels the most like a real gun but is unreliable. I usually go through about 2500 rounds a year

.209 are so much cheaper!
Chedite .209 primers are $24 for 1000 when on sale. .22 crimps are about $9 per 100. The new Pro .209 seems to be a superior gun to the Alpha it is very similar to the GunX .209. Get a hold of Robin Solomon at Riverview Classic Blank Gun Sales & Service.
I have a Days End, Alpha, and GunX. The Days end is cool in a nostalgic way but inconvenient, the GunX is the day to day go to but trigger gaurd is to small for winter gloves , and the Alpha feels the most like a real gun but is unreliable. I usually go through about 2500 rounds a year

I never give cost a consideration to be honest on such a minimal purchase.

I went with the .22 because I can buy different size loads. I use the small loads for young puppy. Just gave me more flexibility.

Do yourself a favor and dump the starter pistol, and pick up an old cheap snub nose 22 revolver at an auction, or craigslist. Cheaper than any starter, and way more heavy duty. Plus it can double as a real gun. Then, go to your lumber yard and by 22 cal concrete gun loads. They have different loads for power. They work in dummy launchers and the 22 perfectly fine. And, are far cheaper for the same thing. All starter pistols are basically junk.

Do yourself a favor and dump the starter pistol, and pick up an old cheap snub nose 22 revolver at an auction, or craigslist. Cheaper than any starter, and way more heavy duty. Plus it can double as a real gun. Then, go to your lumber yard and by 22 cal concrete gun loads. They have different loads for power. They work in dummy launchers and the 22 perfectly fine. And, are far cheaper for the same thing. All starter pistols are basically junk.

While I agree the Chinese starter pistols sold at Cabelas etc are junk. The American made stuff IE GunX, Pro 209, and Alpha are well made and each have a lifetime warranty. The GunX and Pro 209 are both made from a Charter arms Bulldog. The GunX sometimes breaks the transfer bar after 5000 uses or so and is covered under warranty less shipping. The Alpha is a bit finicky about being cleaned and doesn't like to be used as a double action (warranty work can be slooow). The Pro 209 has only been out about a year so only time will tell! I think Alphas cost around $229, GunX was $200 and pro 209 is $275 or so. Robin Solomon at Riverview Claasic Blank Guns is the go to guy.
PS If you train where discharge of firearms is prohibited the authority's are much more understanding, especially if you use the correct terminology by calling them theatrical props.

I will say, I have seen and held them all. And they are all junk compared to a "real" gun. And you can get them for a c note all over. :). 209 are a joke. Not loud enough. And any cap sold as "blank pistol" rounds are twice the price. And do not work as well. I took ths advice from another pro when I was scratching my head over the over priced toy guns too. Glad I listened. As said, cheaper, a better product you can leave your kid. And can also double as a fun button on some targets. I am not sure about the legality of where one can shoot etc. A blank round is a blank round. Nothing stops us from firing concrete stud guns :). Common sense goes far in most things.

I will say, I have seen and held them all. And they are all junk compared to a "real" gun. And you can get them for a c note all over. :). 209 are a joke. Not loud enough. And any cap sold as "blank pistol" rounds are twice the price. And do not work as well. I took ths advice from another pro when I was scratching my head over the over priced toy guns too. Glad I listened. As said, cheaper, a better product you can leave your kid. And can also double as a fun button on some targets. I am not sure about the legality of where one can shoot etc. A blank round is a blank round. Nothing stops us from firing concrete stud guns :). Common sense goes far in most things.

The Charter Arms Bulldog (44 mag) is a real gun. David Berkowitz the son of Sam killer used one for all his mayhem.
And where do you find a decent .22 wheel guns for $100?

LOL, anywhere. I looked on 3 sites and found some. You can buy new for 125. GB, armslist etc. Just look. They are everywhere cheap. And as said, far better quality than a fake... Made from "real" steel :). Nearly any pawn shop in America will have one. Nearly all gun shows will have several. Estate sales. Estate auctions. You name it.

Back