20ga

So, I’m looking at getting a new 20ga, question is....
CZ Redhead Premier? And why? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
IMO the Montefeltro is tough to beat. Reliable, easy to clean and reasonably priced. Good luck with your purchase.

I have the Franchi Affinity and an Instinct in 20 gauge. Well over 2000 rounds through each and flawless. I just ordered a 28 gauge Franchi Aspire becasue I like the brand.

I just switched from the CZ Upland Ultralight in 12 gauge to a Franchi Affinity 3 in 20 gauge so far love the Franchi but CZ is also great O/U.

Are you looking for an auto or a break open? are you upalnd only are a waterfowl guy too? Let me know happy to help as i work for CZ USA.

Now off to the SHOT SHow!

My wife of 25 years has been joining my 3 year old Viszla and myself in the field for our pheasant hunts just to take pictures and walk. She loves the exercise (we walk a lot). She signed up for Hunter's Safety and has expressed interest in carrying a gun and hunting now. I am thinking that nothing says "I love you!" but a shotgun present for Valentine's Day! :rolleyes:

Any suggestions on what you would recommend? 12 gauge/20 gauge, Length of barrel, Pump, Semi or O/U
It may help if you know she is an athletic 5'4". For those concerned about my choice of Valentine's gift ideas I have to let you know that while I am a country boy I am not stupid so I will wait until the snow melts. I just don't have a lot of experience with different types of shotguns.

I too am looking for a 20 guage. Any of you that have the Benellis or Franchis, experience the sore thumbs loading them. Would like to shoot Clay's as well, and dont want a problem.

My wife of 25 years has been joining my 3 year old Viszla and myself in the field for our pheasant hunts just to take pictures and walk. She loves the exercise (we walk a lot). She signed up for Hunter's Safety and has expressed interest in carrying a gun and hunting now. I am thinking that nothing says "I love you!" but a shotgun present for Valentine's Day! :rolleyes:

Any suggestions on what you would recommend? 12 gauge/20 gauge, Length of barrel, Pump, Semi or O/U
It may help if you know she is an athletic 5'4". For those concerned about my choice of Valentine's gift ideas I have to let you know that while I am a country boy I am not stupid so I will wait until the snow melts. I just don't have a lot of experience with different types of shotguns.

There are many manufacturers that produce guns for women nowadays so that could be an option just do a search, not sure what your budget is, another option would be a youth model which would have a shorter shock and may fit your wife better. Best thing to do is go to a gun store or large store like cabelas or bass pro and have her shoulder some guns to see what fits her best. Regarding action type, the semi-autos and pumps would typically be the heaviest, unless you get a lightweight model, the break actions are generally lighter but with that can come more of a recoil punch. You can mitigate some of the recoil by what type of shotgun shell you are going to use. I think the 20 gauge would be your best bet, saves on weight and is more then enough to bring down the birds your viszla would be pointing.

Back