20ga o/u or sxs

JohnMac29

Looking for Stoeger Condor or uplander, 20ga or 16ga. I will be interested in other o/u or sxs you have to offer. Can't afford your thousand dollar guns unless you are in a generous mood and feel like knocking a digit or two off!

IMO the CZ sxs would be a better gun. I have a CZ Upland sxs and have had 0 problems.

I would agree. Or you could look for a used SKB or Ithaca in your price range. In my opinion the Stoegers are not very good looking guns and are heavy.

stoegers

Zeb is right..
I have a Stoeger Upland Supreme 12 ga sxs. It's ugly & handles like a fence post. For some reason I do hit Phez with it.

It does have a problem with the rt. (first) bbl firing pin & is retired till it gets fixed. From the get go when I bought it once or twice a season it would misfire
and that was all. After repeated tear downs, cleanings etc the problem persisted. Last year when in S.D. it cost me around 5-6 opps at nicely pointed, close flushing Roosters. Tore it down twice during the trip & it wasn't even dirty
inside the mechanism. Firing pin maybe slightly short or bent. It's going to a gunsmith or it's going away. If I can get it fixed I will keep it around for a beater sxs for inclement wx. Phez.

I found a guy willing to ship me a CZ Mallard for 425, good and fair deal don't think I can turn down. I also like the idea of two triggers and look forward to learning that skill. Anyone have who is fans of CZ's have any opinions of their o/u's or in particular their CZ Mallard?

I found a guy willing to ship me a CZ Mallard for 425, good and fair deal don't think I can turn down. I also like the idea of two triggers and look forward to learning that skill. Anyone have who is fans of CZ's have any opinions of their o/u's or in particular their CZ Mallard?

JohnMac,

You made a good choice, but I am biased. We do sell a lot of them and most see very pleased. Should you ever have an issue, or a question feel free to PM me as I shoot them often:D

Kick'em Up!
CZ-USA
Wingshooter Elite12/28
Shorter 30/12
Canvasback 12/26
612 Turkey
Sharptail 28/28

Back