2022 Trail Cam Pictures

Some dandy bucks on there. The assortment of wildlife is great. Everything looks pretty green too. Corn doesn't look great though. The corn I saw last week in Central Wisconsin is twice that high and is fully tassled already now.

A porcupine...what state are you in? Lot of pheasants seems to bring lots of predators. Looking for the fox and opossum yet. Great pics!
Oddly we rarely ever see fox on camera (or real life). Porcupine are very rare as well. Lots of pictures of opossum, but they are not the prettiest of animals in a picture.

What's your habitat secret? Are the grasses pretty new? Are there shrubs and woods near also? What's the block? What state are you in? Whatever you're doing it's great. Keep them coming!! I guess gps coordinates are out of the question :LOL: ?
The native grasses have been in the CRP program since the late 1980's. We do light disk 25% of every field annually (4 year rotation). Not many trees or shrubs, but a few fields do have some plum thickets. The block you see is a Purina premium game bird block. They tend to last much longer than scattering feed on the ground (we typically spread some milo around the block as well though).

Some dandy bucks on there. The assortment of wildlife is great. Everything looks pretty green too. Corn doesn't look great though. The corn I saw last week in Central Wisconsin is twice that high and is fully tassled already now.
That is actually milo you are seeing for the food plots. Too dry in our part of the country to plant dryland corn. Milo typically only grows to about 4 feet tall.

PheasantNut awesome pictures, Thank you. You may have captured the only photo in North America of a wild Bobcat and a group of wild wary pheasants keeping a sharp eye on that cat, out in the mean tough wild world, all in one frame. On 08/07/2022 at 07:53 PM. The grass is turning a little dry but the sorghum looks healthy. Both young pheasants and young quail can get moisture from juicy insects and morning dew.
I hope that ground got some of that rain from last week.

Back