2019 Wisconsin pheasant report

Looking to ruffle some feathers?(pun intended) The definitely are pockets of wild birds. Just have to find em.
Totally agree. In the southern part of the state there are spots where wild birds exist. Getting permission is not always easy but they are there.

There are no pheasant in Wisconsin that don't come out of a cage. Wisconsin is ruffed grouse/woodcock country.
Couldn't disagree more. Plenty of pockets in the state that hold wild birds. Most of WI is ruffed grouse and woodcock country; but plenty of wild pheasants have found the bottom of my vest in WI. 21 in WI last year alone actually.

I hunt two counties that don't release any pheasants, and I shot 21 last year, have been out 4 trips so far this year and have limited out each hunt, hunting mostly federal WPA's and some state land with habitat that rivals SD in a certain 10 mile stretch that I love hunting. WI is known more for it's woodcock and grouse obviously, but plenty of wild roosters to be had.

The brood's my golden flushes when we run in the late spring and summer with pheasant chicks flushing everywhere just must get planted really, really early I guess.

You must be a blast at parties.

Yep...obviously not as big a hit as you, the guy telling all the BS hunting stories. There is one at every gathering..... :)
So are they fake birds that I'm shooting? Or am I making up numbers? Or are they grouse that I'm flushing when running in the spring next to a big switchgrass field? Just curious where I need to work on my story so I'm not sugarcoating it at my next big gathering and I go really big with it. Maybe this year I'll shoot 30, no wait, 40, ah to hell with it 100 wild Wisconsin pheasants in 2020; left handed just to give em a chance :)

You've got a pretty pup, good luck this fall; just busting your balls :)

Not too many pheasants stocked on my land that I know of, but if they are, I thank the poor saps who are feeding me!

It's all about habitat. I have some very good pheasant ground nd it always holds some birds. Last year was loaded. Three years ago, not many.

Won't know this year until I get there to see. And I would say WI is known more for waterfowl. Ducks and geese are everywhere.

Back