2017 official non resident opening weekend reports

meridiannursery

Well I know the reports will start pouring in around 10-12 days from now. I kinda own this topic for the last years. I thought I would jump on a go to location. Expecting the results to be very poor to worthless. I am back home now. Spent 14 days harvesting, saw more deer than birds. Drought was a killer. So have at it men and women pheasant hunters. Verify the boots on the ground reporting as I stated earlier this month. We want bird numbers, total hunting in party, and general location. If you have no luck, please report that as well. Total beer consumed and bottles of crown!!

I don't live where you are talking about but we were as dry as anyone during nesting season. I am seeing small birds from late hatches that means the early hatch must have suffered from the conditions that were prevalent then. Sundown yesterday was quite noisy, that was pleasant to hear. I am a little optimistic that it won't be a disaster, we will see.

Son and I didn't go yesterday because it rained all day an most of last night. Hope to give it a go in about an hour... Viking

Well my son and I went to a near by public shooting area in NE SD. At 330 we walked an 80 acre area that had food plots beside a shelter belt and a big slough. We flushed 8 hens and 8 roosters. Hens were sitting really tight and the roosters where really wild. We had one shot but the son shot behind the rooster. It was a fun hunt but short. We also saw 4 roosters in the ditch on the 3 mile trip home. Not much of a report... Sdviking

Back