2017 Drought Monitor

BleuBijou

20170328_high_plains_trd_zpstxkdj8zr.jpg

20170404_high_plains_trd_zpsjesui0uj.jpg

4-11-17_zpsrmpsjdgo.jpg

April%2018th_zpsak0lcdws.jpg

April%2025th_zpsv2fsi6ah.jpg

Always appreciate these posts. Spoke to some friends in Yuma. They received over an inch and one half of rain over the last week. Helped with the wheat. They need more as most of the late winter was dry.

Interesting observation: he said that saw a lot of chicks around most of the summer last year. He was surprised at the actual bird population last hunting season.

I'll second that appreciation. Thinking about the pheasant population gives me that little extra motivation in dog training!

Been fairly wet here. I don't think there will be any color next week. Time to start drying out!
20170516_high_plains_trd_zpssfiatbvb.jpg

I was out in Holyoke last week. Roads were sloppy wet and that was before this last snow storm. Saw several pheasants alongside the road. Also saw a couple bucks just starting to get their head gear.

It is much more severe than they show in my part of the world, north central South Dakota. Cattle will start heading to the sale barns next week.

getting bad reports out of the Daks, selling off herds, wheat looks rough, emergency CRP grazing almost a sure thing....:eek:

Do rains this time of the year have much affect positive or negative? I always find myself hoping for precipitation anyway. Just curious. Colorado should have good cover this year again...

Back