2015 us drought monitor

BleuBijou

As nest initiation begins.....

March%2031st%20%20%202015_zpsqcxwx2zn.jpg

I would not be too concerned with the abnormally dry or the moderate on the map. One storm can change it pretty fast. It could be better, but if it stayed this way throughout the Summer and fall, it would be better than years past.:cheers:

It looks like the plains could get some good moisture this week! I was driving east on highway 36 the other day and saw a couple roosters out running around. The wheat was looking decent but could use some more moisture.

It will be interesting to see how things look next week, after all of the rain and snow.

Things are looking up for western Kansas. Goodland, KS has received almost double the average precip so far this year.

North east Colorado is looking good as well, along with my 2 acre field.

:cheers:

I drove out to Sioux Falls last weekend, and everything was looking good.
:cheers:

Along I-76, I could not believe the greenness, even in perpetually dry areas, which are usually best described as scrub brush surrounded by dirt.

With the cooler temps and not much snowmelt and some added late snow it looks like we could add a few more reservoirs!! Mountain rivers are fishing well due to the slow runoff, but you can forget about the ones on the front range. Arkansas river should be running for sometime. Should help the water table. Thanks for sharing Maynard..:cheers:

Back