2015 Memories

chriswhite22

Well, now we can just look back....... I had a fun year in 2015 and it ended with poor shooting giving me one heck of an itch for 2016. Each miss (easy shot on the last day) is sticking with me, but happy to see good numbers and solid points late into the year. The below photo is my favorite. My GSP was about to turn 2 years old and made a wonderful retrieve on a running bird. This bird was extra nice considering me and the boys walked for 4 hours on my favorite piece of public land seeing very little action, only a few hens. We got a double rooster flush no more then 100 yards from the car. We bagged this guy saving the day!

FullSizeRender_zpscve2ckd4.jpg

Would love to hear from you guys on how things went in 2015. Maybe a picture or two.

Good year but it was short

I didnt get to go as much as I wanted too this year but had some really good hunts in 3 different states. Got to cross a prairie chicken off the bucket list as well this year. Had some good hunts here in my home state of Missouri as well as Illinois and Kansas. Found and got permission to hunt a few more spots going into next year too. Hopefully, if everything goes well, I'll have another puppy to train up this summer too. Along with the one year old I need to finish up. One thing I am gonna do different is go on a destination hunt with my dad. Havent picked the spot yet but I imagine its gonna be west and north. I dont think SD because we are after more of a mix bag state. Montana and Idaho have come up in conversations but we will see. Below is the last image I have in my head from this past season.

I didnt get to go as much as I wanted too this year but had some really good hunts in 3 different states. Got to cross a prairie chicken off the bucket list as well this year. Had some good hunts here in my home state of Missouri as well as Illinois and Kansas. Found and got permission to hunt a few more spots going into next year too. Hopefully, if everything goes well, I'll have another puppy to train up this summer too. Along with the one year old I need to finish up. One thing I am gonna do different is go on a destination hunt with my dad. Havent picked the spot yet but I imagine its gonna be west and north. I dont think SD because we are after more of a mix bag state. Montana and Idaho have come up in conversations but we will see. Below is the last image I have in my head from this past season.

what kind of dog vests to you have on those vislas? I need a good vest for one of my dog that keeps opening his stomach open. thanks

Cabelas upland vest. Velcro on top. My older vizsla goes through one per year. They're $38 I believe. The velcro starts to rip and gets stringy on top. But she is a brush cutter. They have the ones now that have a zipper on top and a velcro flap that folds over it. I was gonna try that one next time but all they had was camo on my last trip west. I recommend taking your dog inside the store to try em on. Depending on how they are built in the chest and neck...some of those vest fit the dogs a little weird. These here you can custom cut to fit your dog. Started putting one on mine after she lost a nipple to a brushpile. Didnt even yelp. Just went on hunting. Had to stop her. The only thing is they get pretty hot if it gets much over 45 degrees. When its warm she will start to wear out quicker and when I take it off her she hits another gear.

Back